This stuff is unbelievable! Pettit Easypoxy

rebuilt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Seems like it took forever for the days to warm up and quit raining. (I'm working outside) Honestly, I had some reservations. Price, looks, application. I took the plunge and bought a gallon. Bought a gallon of medium fill primer by Pettit as well. Somewhere somebody wrote "Magic" in regards to this product. Yup! Or Ayuh! 'pends on where you're from. Straight forward roll and tip with foam roller and badger brush. After the second coat, all I can say is unbelievable. In hindsight, I wish I has used a finer roller for the primer. The box store I used (Lowes) only sold 3/8" nap, so I used it. Cost me a lot of sanding. I should have shopped around and found a 1/4" nap. Or excercised some real patience and used the foam roller for the primer. I'll post pics after the 220 sand and final coat. This stuff is worth the time, effort, and money to invest on an exterior paint job for a trailered boat. It looks like poured glass. Thanks again, to the many contributors here at iboats. KR

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: This stuff is unbelievable! Pettit Easypoxy

Good to know I'm about to paint mine.

Look forward to seeing pics.

Thanks Craig

stevewolverton

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also used Easypoxy and have been happy with the results. I've heard a few people comment that the paint loses its gloss quickly. I'm hoping that's not the case.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your paint job. Show it off! :)

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class

I personally found it became chalky after a couple years, even though the boat was trailered and kept covered. It also is a far softer paint then a catylized urethane enamel. Hope you like it and have good luck with it, I did not.

rayodunne

Petty Officer 1st Class

I painted mine in the fall and it looked superb when finished. Boat still has to get wet so we'll see how it stands up to abuse.