Peterborough Seville

Eccy

Recruit
Hi, just purchased a Seville its in pretty bad condition, it hasn't been used for over 8 years and at the moment is lacking a floor. However i am staying positive and believe it has great potential. Any tips along the way of renevation would be warmly received, i'll keep up post of my progess and the quirey of the moment. Any help or advice to do with 'stringers', they appear to be rotten and am planing to replace them but am partially at a lost of where to start.
Onto another matter, this seville is my first, hopefully not my last, and i am unsure of its performance, seakeeping abilitys etc. It has a 100hp suzuki outboard, any infomation would be wonderful.
Thanks,

Capt. Mike

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Peterborough Seville

very good motor so now you have to start on the boat I say never take the boat to far down. What I am trying to say to say many guys will strip there boat to a bear hull and rebuild it. but only about half every complete putting it back together. The cost of putting it back together can cost as much as a good boat, so what to DO?

Before you take it apart, take photos of every inch of the boat inside and out every cable every wire and I mean everything you should have at least 300 to 500 photos. (don't print them just keep them on your computer)

When you take it apart keep everything and in good shape as if you were going to use every old part again, you may need to.

Never take it down more then you can put back together in 60 days unless you have no other choice.

Now time divorce your wife break up with your girlfriends disown your kids, or just put them to work. You need to work on this boat like nothing else matters because WOLF CREEK DAM is going to break and this boat is your only way out. I am not kidding about that one GET IT DONE and fast don't let your boat be one of those guys that is trying to sell his boat in parts.

Last thing, don't go out and buy things to put on the boat later like gps, fish finder, new gauges or all those things we think we need but we don't. you can get them after you get your boat restored. Then they won't be out dated.

There some guys that have here that have pulled it off and done a great job. Remember all it takes is money and time but the more time you spend the less money it will cost. so just get it done

www.bigwoodenboat.com
http://web.mac.com/tanyard/Site_6/before_pic_.html

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Peterborough Seville

very good motor so now you have to start on the boat I say never take the boat to far down. What I am trying to say to say many guys will strip there boat to a bear hull and rebuild it. but only about half every complete putting it back together. The cost of putting it back together can cost as much as a good boat, so what to DO?

Before you take it apart, take photos of every inch of the boat inside and out every cable every wire and I mean everything you should have at least 300 to 500 photos. (don't print them just keep them on your computer)

When you take it apart keep everything and in good shape as if you were going to use every old part again, you may need to.

Never take it down more then you can put back together in 60 days unless you have no other choice.

Now time divorce your wife break up with your girlfriends disown your kids, or just put them to work. You need to work on this boat like nothing else matters because WOLF CREEK DAM is going to break and this boat is your only way out. I am not kidding about that one GET IT DONE and fast don't let your boat be one of those guys that is trying to sell his boat in parts.

Last thing, don't go out and buy things to put on the boat later like gps, fish finder, new gauges or all those things we think we need but we don't. you can get them after you get your boat restored. Then they won't be out dated.

There some guys that have here that have pulled it off and done a great job. Remember all it takes is money and time but the more time you spend the less money it will cost. so just get it done

www.bigwoodenboat.com
http://web.mac.com/tanyard/Site_6/before_pic_.html

if these arent words of wisdom.....i dont know what is..!!!

btw....WELCOME TO I BOATS

the project you are starting on...is hard ...dirty....smelly....back breaking work.

it is also...(imho)...one of the most rewarding things you can do.

this forum....is like a boat university......use the search button....and read ..read...read....

pay particular attention to all safety tips and equipment......(i mean it)
durn near opened my leg the other night with a grinder

the people here really know what their doing....and can help with any questions you may have......

you will recieve many answers on a particular subject...and many suggestions on wich way to do things.......boat building is not an exact science...there are many ways to skin a cat...or build a boat.....remember...its your boat, you can build it with whatever materials you want...and you can do any thing you choose.....

cheers
oops