New Seat Set-up Recreation/Fishing help

ForceFed79

Cadet
Hi all, I have a few questions for you guys. I just bought my first boat (17 foot deep V) and I need to re-do the interior because it has been neglected for many years. Anyway, I plan on buying 4 folding seats, 2 in which I would probably mount perminately at the helm and the passenger side. The other 2 I would like to mount side by side on the aft bulkhead near the motor. My question is how to mount these seats. I want to be able to remove them and use them as fishing seats at the front and the aft part of the boat. Do you guys recommend a certain pedestal? I guess it should be adjustable in height and also be able to swivel, but I don't want to spend $130 a piece on these things, plus the cost of the base plates. What do you guys recommend? I have been reading that some pedestals aren't recommended to use above certain speeds? I would really appreciate any help...thanks in advance

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New Seat Set-up Recreation/Fishing help

On my 18' Starcraft I installed the wedge recessed base plates and use the corresponding 2" pedestals. I was going to install 4 base plates (2 in front & 2 in back), but we always sit up front for shade or in out of the rain so I never installed the base plates in the back. This would only require the purchase of 2 seats and swivels. Move the seat to whatever suits you.