Project Started 1980 Douglas Skater 18 s with evinrude 235

TrevorM

Cadet
I Belive the boat is a 1980 or thereabouts.. very hard to find info on these old skaters... the new ones are wild tho.. and way out of my price range...
the engine is a 235hp 1980 evinrude.. guy completley overhauled it then never put it in the water because he couldnt swim....he is bi polar and bought the boat.. paid to get the work done then he took off and his dad an old farmer sold me the whole thing for $2500... powerwashed it and started to buff it after work today.. it shines up alright.. it'll get some new paint after the season is over
waiting for a new impeller to come in before i fire it up.. just incase the old one is cracked and flies apart at WOT.. should be a fast fun tunnel hull for a relatively cheap boat... were shooting for at least 80mph..:D

LEDIARD

Recruit
Re: Project Started 1980 Douglas Skater 18 s with evinrude 235

Neat Boat, Originally Designed By Ray Farren. Saw Action As A Patrol Boat For The Rcmp And Search And Resque On The Great Lakes. The Original Boats Came From Quebec Canada. I Have Some Further Info If I Can Find I Will Look For Brochures Etc, I Have An Original Plug For The Hull And A Set Of Hull Deck And Tub Assbly And A Complete Boat In My Garage, Minus Power. Ray Farren Is A Mathematical Genious.