source for windshield glazing rubber?

hcwiii

Cadet
I have a 1966 19' Stan-Ray sterndrive which needs the rubber
glazing seals replaced around the windshield glass. The rubber
fits into a slot in the metal frame, and presses against the glass,
holding it into the frame.

Looking at the TaylorMade web-site, I can find one glazing part which
looks close to what I need (glazing vinyl - Taylor's part #8337920)
but it's not quite the same, and the dimensions aren't provided.
(http://www.taylormarine.com/hardware/weldedglazingparts.html)

Anyone know of a good selection of glazing-rubber stripping for marine windshield use?

Thanks for any help!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: source for windshield glazing rubber?

I would check with your local glass shop. They should be able to help you.

hcwiii

Cadet

Yeah, I tried him - he usually does do anything glass for me. But alas, he looked as though all there was was desert for a thousand miles around. "Boat? Why?"

Maybe I'll go into Buffalo and see if there's somebody nearer that Great Lake that knows.

Thanks tho.

Docknocker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

TaylorMade's OEM windshield factory is located in Gloversville, NY, which is just outside of Albany, NY. The following 800 # is to the main plant which is next door to the windshield plant - try the 800 # first and ask to be transferred. They should be able to help.

Main # 1-800-937-4233
Windshield plant direct # 1-518-773-0636

hcwiii

Cadet

Thanks for the numbers Docknocker, I'll try that.

I emailed them the other day, with no reply, but the address may be old.

mangohater

Cadet

I have a glazing wedge that I use in my fixed frame windows. check out www.waterwaysystems.com
Email or call me. I would be happy to send you a drawing with dimensions, and/or a sample to see if it will work in your windows.

hcwiii

Cadet

mangohater said:
I have a glazing wedge that I use in my fixed frame windows. check out www.waterwaysystems.com
Email or call me. I would be happy to send you a drawing with dimensions, and/or a sample to see if it will work in your windows.

hi Mangohater,

I've attached a little sketch of my glazing rubber, showing its cross-section. I'm not sure that the frame-channel part of the drawing is accurate, but the rubber looks about right. Is that anything like what you have?

Thanks!

windglaz.jpg

Saskatoon2005

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice sketch hcwiii, what program did you use to make that sketch. Looks like it would be awesome to do wiring diagrams with.

hcwiii

Cadet
off-topic: Re: source for windshield glazing rubber?

off-topic: Re: source for windshield glazing rubber?

Naw... I used Photoshop, but you don't want to use Photoshop for drawing. I really spent way too much time on it, on a snowy, gray saturday morning.

A 'Draw' type program would be better - I like CorelDraw myself, for that kind of thing. Maybe Illustrator would work too.

But I'm sure there's something out there that's much more specifically suited to wiring, if that's all you want it for. I remember seeing, years ago, an electronics-circuit design program, with all sorts of component icons to select from (resistors, diodes, ICs, etc), which could actually test the finished circuit drawing, and give you an idea what the designed device's output would be!

Old Carver

Seaman Apprentice

My internet searchings and a call to Water Bonnett sent me to George at Marine Glass Specialties who handles parts and supplies as well as repair and fabrication of marine glass.They,If I remember right,do all 97 and down glass applications exclusively according to Water Bonnett's rep.He set us up to completely rebuild all eight panels in our current project and was the only person who seemed to know what I was talking about.

http://www.marineglassspecialties.com/