Aristo Craft

kupps

Cadet
I was given a 1979 19’ Aristo Craft. It originally had a hardtop and canvas top on it. Does anyone know of a boat cemetery that sells this type of item??

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Aristo Craft

it's going to be a needle in a hay stack.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

this is the best i could do;
google aristo craft boats. found several sites and forums that may help/

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I threw one away about a year ago. You might want to re think the hard top, beside being hard to find they weight a ton and are always in the way. At least a soft top can be folded completely out of the way

ziggy

Admiral

sorry i didn't see this earliler, bummer, saw one in a ad somewhere recenty. just googlin anything to do with aristo craft nineteen. saw the whole boat for bout's 900. might have been ebay, but can't remember.... google, yahoo, msn, ebay. ya find bits and fragments about them, and ya might find a donner boat......don't suppose this will make ya feel any better. but ya can get the slides for the HT new from the oem's son. so he says, i just back ordered some, no idea when he's gonna get around to makein up a nother batch of them though. interesting to be able to talk to the oem's son 26 years after they quit makein boats. guess that would be bordering on good service to say the least.......good luck.....

so what color and engine package did ya end up with in yers?
mine is in my sig......guess what color i got....:)

kupps

Cadet

so what color and engine package did ya end up with in yers?
mine is in my sig......guess what color i got....:)
[/quote]

Blue... The engine package is a 120hp I think with a OMC intermidiate, I need to find an outdrive.. I haven't been able to play on it as much as I would like.

ziggy

Admiral

Blue... The engine package is a 120hp I think with a OMC intermidiate, I need to find an outdrive.. I haven't been able to play on it as much as I would like.

hope ya get her up and running like ya want. they seem like respectable boats. i've seem pics of the blue. there very good lookin in blue. wish mine was blue, but,

i've got (very bright) green......probably wouldn't be my first pic of colors, but it does catch the eye........

good luck finding a top. i'll keep my eye open for ya....

I threw one away about a year ago. You might want to re think the hard top, beside being hard to find they weight a ton and are always in the way. At least a soft top can be folded completely out of the way

bet kupps is crying over that. that ya threw it away.
they do feel heavy when sliding it. i bet it's a 4 man (maybe 2 if ya can control it) project to get it off.
yep, they're in the way. better duck low, or you'll remember next time for the knot on yer forhead from forgettin to duck the time before......so far. i've not minded duckin though. and i've certainly enjoyed the top in the cooler weather. all the fisherman look so cold, dressed in there cold whether gear. me, i'm hidein under my hard top in just a shirt...very cozy with the back canvas up too.... i reserve judgement for how i like it in real hot weather, as i just aquired it this fall.....it may be hot under there. though i think about it and i do remember puttin up the top on my old boat when it is real hot out. for the shade value of it. so i have high hopes for it in the summer too......

img0782.jpg

kupps, check out this aristo craft web site. he don't say he's got hard tops but it might be worth a call to see if he has any info for you...i just called him a week or so ago and have a oem blower and hard top slides on order. so the phone # is good. don't know about the email address, i didn't get a reply from it. anyways.....
www.members.aol.com/aristoboat/default.htm
don't know if i'll get the blower or slides either, as i just intiated the transaction, but did send him my bread, and he says he'll send me the blower he has on hand, and back ordered the slides till he gets around to makeing the next batch was the way i understood it. nothing ventured, nothing gained i guess..........
at the very least he was a nice fella to talk to about aristo craft boats to on the phone...

kupps

Cadet

This is going to be a project boat. Where do I start??
I am trying to find a starter to test the compression on the engine, and trying to find a doner boat for an outdrive. Hopefully Hurricane Katrina will help me out in that department. Do you attack it like a wife's honey do list.. small projects each weekend?? I want to pull the engine and intermidiate out to put new seals in both if the compression is OK.

ziggy

Admiral

trying to help ya out with yer project.
another one available. down closer to yer hood too. has the wrong engine package, it don't say but perhaps this one has a top....or other parts ya could use. price seems resonable too.

fiberglassics.com/forms/glassifieds1/detail.asp?iType=14&iAd=1683