Ship Shape Boating Episode

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Did anyone happen to see Ship shape Boating last Saturday. There was an advertisment for company that sells teak flooring and decking. Would anybody happen to remember the name?

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: Ship Shape Boating Episode

go to the web site and ask
i missed that one:^

strizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No, but that guy is a moron...

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

NO, but that guy is a moron...

It'd be interesting to compare his income with yours ... :^

strizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good, but not so good.... Im sure a lot of you could say the same about Bush... so no not that funny...

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why do you think John Greviskis (Host of Ship Shape TV) is a Moron? Just curious. He looks like he pounds Budeweisers while he works on a boats.

strizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just the way he talks about stuff, we would watch it just so we could laugh about whatever the next day at the shop. Not to mention how he decribed hanging a large outboard.... I mean sealing 4 holes would make too much sense, lets seal the whole outside of the transom plate....

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Strizzy, thats like me watching the home improvement shows. i've only been in it 45 years.

strizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Haha I was thinking about that too and all those shows, since as a kid I watched them religiously. Bob Villa for example, he never looks comfortable doing anything (doing or talking about), even swinging the hammer is amusing to watch.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That guy is like the Bob Vila of boats. Was in the right place at the right time when he got hired. Gives you a mess of half-useless info as filler between the West Marine commercials. Good work.....if you can get it.

tommays

Admiral

The boys at fine woodworking LOVE seeing The New Yankee Workshop go wild with that nail gun

Tommays

strizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats Norm Abram, hes a different story.

Boat Joe

Cadet

Never watch the show. However if you’re looking for teak decking, a great alternative to traditional teak decking is Flexteek or other products like it. It's maintenance free and is supposed to last forever. The catch is making sure it's installed correctly the first time. You can find more info at www.flexteek.com.

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Tashasdaddy, got it .....World Panel Products is it. Found it on sponsor links on shipshapetv.com. I Googled Shipe Shape Boating and only came up with DIY network and they did not give a link to shipshapetv.com

crawdadric

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I love the Sea Ray commercials - LOL

1985 Sea Ray SRV300 twin 5.7L Mercs w/alpha 1's...

drewpster

Commander

Its interesting to see how people who work in a given industry have no desire to watch it on TV. For instance I don't watch any of the hot rod tv or two guys garage type shows or any cops or law and order type shows. they bore me, or make me mad.

former HCSD corrections
diesel mech 15 yrs.

wjeffofl

Seaman Apprentice

Here's my 2 cents. I find it amusing when these home improvement shows pull the carpet on a job and wad it up in a big ball then try to figure how to pick it up and carry it out. Or they take a 30 foot shot and roll it only to try to heave it out a window. When we do it that carpet gets cut in 3-6 foot widths, rolled then carried out. Nice n easy that way. I also watched a program where the guy and his lady assistant had a bad spot in the carpet so they proceeded to explain how you can just hack out a square with your box cutter (everyone has one of those so you are well qualified to patch that spot right in the middle of your living room). Then go to your local carpet supplier and pick a piece that was close in color, hack a similar sized piece out of that, slap a little double stick tape down there, throw your new piece in place and you now have yourself a repaired carpet. I should be so lucky to pull off a repair like that. If I tried I would be buying somebody new carpet I'm sure.

Jeff