1974 Duo Vagabond 17' tri hull with 140 Mercruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redtruck12

Petty Officer 1st Class
hello all
i have been looking for a good forum to get involved with and hope I have found it.

i am a 51 year old in Cambridge Ontario.
been on and around boats for years. I have been looking for something "retro" and a little unusual for a while and recently bought a 1974 Duo Vagabond. It is a 17foot tri hull bowrider with a 140 Mercruiser. Boat is very original and has been day use and stored indoors since it was purchased new in the spring of 1975.
My understanding is Duo was at the time marketed separately as a premium line to Starcraft. It's Starcraft equivalent would be a Starcraft "Capri"
the fellow I bough it from had had it about 6 years and was the 3rd owner.
All paperwork, maintenance records and repair paperwork back to original bill of sale we're included.
she has some minor wear and slight interior and gellcoat fading but is very solid.

previous owner had the flame arrestor hold down bolt rattle loos and go down the carb.
Was not mechacilly inclined and did not want to invest in "major engine repairs".
I am a mechanic by profession (automobile) and it will be a straight forward repair as it nicked 1 valve only , no piston damage.
i look forward to enjoying and sharing this classic cruiser,
anyone remember one of these ?
Please share what you know and remember
thanks

chevymaher

Commander
hello all
i have been looking for a good forum to get involved with and hope I have found it.

anyone remember one of these ?

thanks
You have found the best one I shopped for a forum to before joining here. Very nice bunch of guys here with little to no drama. Your want to be on the water. These guys support you 100%.

I remember your boat. Unfortunately before i got my boat and joined i knew literally nothing of boats. I also was a mechanic in the real world before I retired. I have the same motor as you do apart now.

Welcome to the forum.

Randy.

jettgirl

Recruit
Hey Redtruck12 - we brought ours home from Cornwall to Port Perry about 3 years ago. Duo Vagabond 17 140.

Best boat ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.