Complete 87' Sea Ray CC overhaul with pontoon seats?

BMCEXWSWRET

Recruit
I came about a free 1987 21' Sea Ray Seville CC through my father-in-law and jumped on the offer. Upon inspecting and cleaning the boat out I discovered it would need a complete overhaul. Everything was saturated down to the foam in the bilge. The previous owner did not take care of it at all. once I am finished installing new flooring I want to completely redesign the seating on deck. My question is has anyone ever used pontoon seating in an older sports boat to give it a more modern feel?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
My view is that a seat is a seat. It is your boat, do what you want.

Did you end up redoing the stringers, foam and transom?

BMCEXWSWRET

Recruit
I am having to replace everything. Right now I am working on cutting out the old stringers and floor, getting the engine and fuel tank out but with the weather being a bit chilly it is taking awhile.

chevymaher

Commander
Ah it was summer time when I did mine. And it took me forever. I am a sissy and came in and worked on interior when it got cold.

Your a trooper being out in that nasty working on it. It will be worth it in the end tho.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Fiberglass doesnt luke to kick in cold temps....hopefully you have a warm shop

BMCEXWSWRET

Recruit
Unfortunately my boat is on a trailer on the side of my house. I am just gutting it right now while it is cold and will install stringers/floor and fiberglass when it starts to warm up. This is going to be a long process.

BMCEXWSWRET

Recruit
Before cutting down trees and cleaning the boat out...

IMG_3228 copy.png

Here is where I am now....

IMG_3327.png

I want to install a solo captain's chair for the driver and lounge/bench seating for the passengers. Any ideas or help for remodeling?

Last edited:

Panoguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't know how I missed this post, BMCEX...! Are you still around? Can you post progress pics?? I'm pretty-much in the same boat as you (yuk-yuk), I'm putting a pontoon bench seat behind my pontoon seat chairs in my Seville. I think the result will be great.

Last edited: