72 Starcraft model 16 SUS O/B purchase

Qrzed

Seaman Apprentice
Very new member so please forgive me if I don't post something correct. I Just purchased my first boat a 1974 tinny and can't wait for weather to change to get some work done. Only paid $950 for boat trailer and Johnson motor J60ELCCR Motor some soft spots in flooring but not to major and one soft spot in transom upper corner near hul ID plate my question is am I out of my mind for buying this boat I just like the looks of these boats

chevymaher

Commander
No it is a toy. Why would you be out of your mind for wanting a nice toy.

Qrzed

Seaman Apprentice
That's what I was thinking. Didn't think the price was to bas and it floats and motor does work!

chevymaher

Commander
easier than the rest once the rest is out of the way. It is just intimidating looking but isnt that bad.

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: aboard and after we get some pics of your 16' SS you'll be a card carrying member of the Starmada.

Many have come before you with all manner of repairs and total rebuilds of the very prolific 16' SS.

Jeff-n-Gail

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Welcome,
I've only been here about a year but I doesn't take very long to get some valuable pointers. I hope you have an enjoyable journey.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Qrzed please refrain from posting in inactive topics, esp to post a hijack to discuss your VRO system in someone elses topic.

Start a topic in the Johnson sub-forum about disconnecting your VRO.