18 FT StarCraft SS couldn't resist

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi
Well I have a thread on named 16ft StarCraft rebuild started out as rub rail question.
That project has been put on hold till spring .
I found this 18 FT STARCRAFT SS Deep V,
Well I had to have it.
Needs some work but I think it's better then I thought when I was on my way to get it .
The motor is a Evinrude 85 hp model number 85999r
With hydraulic tilt. The motor is super clean 1979 as is the boat.
I think the boat is all pretty much original from what I know . Original owners had it since 1979 and the person I got it from had it a year and a half.
I'm not sure if motor is original factory with boat or not . I got it in Michigan and the boat only has a registration for the hull number.
In Ohio we have to title both .
So I'm in the process of getting that takin Care of .
Thanks
Bryon

Attachments

• photo280339.jpg
    photo280339.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo280340.jpg
    photo280340.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo280341.jpg
    photo280341.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo280342.jpg
    photo280342.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo280343.jpg
    photo280343.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo280344.jpg
    photo280344.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2
  • photo280345.jpg
    photo280345.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

I was wondering are these metal fill in PC's in the corner a factory thing .
Be cause the one with the power switch and fuse box has all the wires on the top of the Aluminum fill PC.
I would of thought it would run thru a hole with a grommet . As it stands now they could get cut sitting on top on the edge .
Thanks Bryon

Attachments

• photo280400.jpg
    photo280400.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo280401.jpg
    photo280401.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 0

shark1600

Cadet
Nice score, how much do you have in it? not familiar with the StarCraft wiring.

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Wiring or what i paid ?
I gave 1700.00 I thought that was fair.
Bryon

jbcurt00

Staff member
MBS strikes again.....

Congrats on boat project #2

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thank you .
I think it's going to be a good project . I'm gonna replace the floor and have some other ideas I want to do . Overall the boat is in great shape.
Thanks
Bryon

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Been taking apart the inside a little at a time .
I figured the floor needed replaced .
But that is about all I have to do to this boat to get it back and ready to go .
Of course I will get some nice swivel seats ,
Been thinking about a flat deck up front with a removable swivel seat and a live well.
Haven't figured out how I want to to a live well yet.
(Any ideas)
Thanks Bryon

Attachments

• photo280494.jpg
    photo280494.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 0

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
After I get the floor in .
What are some of your ideas on what to put down.
Vinyl or carpet ?
Thank Bryon

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Depends if it's a fishing boat or pleasure boat. In a fishing boat, carpet looks great the day you pop it in... from that day on it just starts to get nastier and nastier. (And smellier) For my fishing boat, I am going with a rubberized paint on non-skid surface called Skid-No-More... thought about vinyl but it's more costly.

ab59

Ensign
Hello E260 -- About the carpet or vinyl , I just put carpet back into my ss because of the warm weather here thinking that it would be cooler than vinyl. I had a 1999 fishmaster 196 a few years ago that was all vinyl that still looked great after 14 years and at the end of the day I could just turn the water hose on and wash it down and all the slime , fish bait and general blood and guts just went out the drain plugs. Gotta say I agree with the nasty carpet thing though but in my case the boat was really a ski boat to begin with and while I am improving the boat to a little more fisherman friendly style it is most likely going to be used for skiing more that fishing by the next owner.
That is a great buy on your new boat , It looks like there's not much more to do to it other than a good wash and wax job and a little touch up here and there.

ab59

Ensign
OOps forgot to say,,,about the wiring , if it doesn't look rite fix it the way you want it . It's yours now rite ? Make it the way you think it should be and you'll be good to go.

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello E260 -- About the carpet or vinyl , I just put carpet back into my ss because of the warm weather here thinking that it would be cooler than vinyl. I had a 1999 fishmaster 196 a few years ago that was all vinyl that still looked great after 14 years and at the end of the day I could just turn the water hose on and wash it down and all the slime , fish bait and general blood and guts just went out the drain plugs. Gotta say I agree with the nasty carpet thing though but in my case the boat was really a ski boat to begin with and while I am improving the boat to a little more fisherman friendly style it is most likely going to be used for skiing more that fishing by the next owner.
That is a great buy on your new boat , It looks like there's not much more to do to it other than a good wash and wax job and a little touch up here and there.

I think I'm leaning towards the Nautolex marine vinyl flooring.
Has anyone used it or have any idea if it's a good flooring.
Thanks
Bryon

ab59

Ensign
E260---You should talk to Watermann about the vinyl , I think he has a line on some that is cost effective and is what he used in his boat. I kinda wish that I had used the vinyl on the deck and carpet on the rest of the boat I have but too late now. Give him a shout.

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
What glue would be best for putting the vinyl down . I've read so much on this that I can't think straight no more , looking to see what most people are using .
Thanks Bryon

E260

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Can anyone tell me what the purple wire is for coming out of this control box for the throttle and choke for my boat .
It's wired into a bunch of non stock wire connectors.
Thanks .
Bryon

Attachments

• photo280832.jpg
    photo280832.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I believe purple is the ignition 12v... meaning it is hot when the ignition is on. Otherwise it has no current.

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I believe you can, when used for the gauges, but you should use a separate fuse panel/terminal block with switches for other electrical needs like lights, radio, bilge/aerator pumps, etc.

That purple wire also goes back to the engine through the harness to supply power to the choke solenoid and such. Again, only items that require the ignition to be turned on and usually engine running. (gauges).

There is a youtube guy I LOVE to learn from... Dangar Marine. Here is a video (pt 1) on basic boat wiring:

https://youtu.be/p-Yup0OPofk