AeroCraft 12' Boat Question

byoung242

Recruit
Hi, I have an AeroCraft 12' boat that I am restoring. The boat tag, mounted on the back of the boat, say Series B, Serial Number 8656. Anyone have an idea of what year this may be? Thank you very much in advance.

Renderwurx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Check over some of the photos/listings here: http://www.aerocraft-boats.org/models/B.html

Many of their other models here: http://www.aerocraft-boats.org/models/

6.jpg

silver_bay

Petty Officer 3rd Class

byoung242

Recruit
Thanks for the feedback, I apologize, Model B, aluminum. The boat tag is mounted on the back of the boat. The numbers are not hand engraved. The boat tag does have the same layout as that you reference for the 1955 model. I assume that the serial numbers are sequential across models, in other words there could be a Model A, serial number 0001 and then a Model B, serial number 0002.

I tried to attach / upload some pictures, however I get a "not authorized" to post attachments. What am I missing here?

I am going to have this restored to original. In the pictures I have seen there is a blue stripe along the hull and it wraps around the back, is this correct? Was the interior floor painted the same color blue?

Thanks again for your help.

byoung242

Recruit
I will also take some measurements. I referenced your page, which is awesome by the way, thank you. It appears that the beam will tell me if it was 1954 or earlier and the depth will tell me if it is 1953 or earlier. What does the depth measure, from where to where?

Again, thanks.

silver_bay

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks for the feedback, I apologize, Model B, aluminum. The boat tag is mounted on the back of the boat. The numbers are not hand engraved. The boat tag does have the same layout as that you reference for the 1955 model. I assume that the serial numbers are sequential across models, in other words there could be a Model A, serial number 0001 and then a Model B, serial number 0002.

I tried to attach / upload some pictures, however I get a "not authorized" to post attachments. What am I missing here?

I am going to have this restored to original. In the pictures I have seen there is a blue stripe along the hull and it wraps around the back, is this correct? Was the interior floor painted the same color blue?

Thanks again for your help.

Yes, my assumption is that serial numbers came from a common pool for all models (or at least MOST models).

You may need to make a certain number of posts before you can add photos.

Yes, a blue stripe seems like it was standard/typical in the early years, I've seen plenty of pictures of the stern that show the lines getting fatter as they near the center line. I'm not sure about the interiors.

silver_bay

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I will also take some measurements. I referenced your page, which is awesome by the way, thank you. It appears that the beam will tell me if it was 1954 or earlier and the depth will tell me if it is 1953 or earlier. What does the depth measure, from where to where?

Again, thanks.

I can't tell you how they measured the boats (and it could have changed year to year), they SEEM to have given waterline length (LWL) and not overall (LOA).in the earlier years (perhaps until the 1960's?)

For transom height, I'd try measuring straight down from the lip of the transom to a point that meets the level of the keel.