Resurrecting a Raven Bowrider 2100 BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

showstoppr88

Seaman
I'm going to use this to mark progress on my 1990 Raven 2100br restoration. I am starting with the trailer however new tires today will be 're wiring the lights with a new LED kit!

showstoppr88

Seaman
Yep figured I would just start a thread to ask questions as I get started with this bad boy. Just picked up my new trailer tires and lights and will look to put those in this week as well as getting the deck inside ripped out to check the stringers, bulk heads and transom. It has the Mercruiser 5.7 with an alpha one outdrive. I'll pop some starting pictures and see if I can get those up here too that will help give me a starting point in using the forum too.

showstoppr88

Seaman
No Title

These are the pictures that I bought the boat with, I paid $200 for it with the trailer, needs a lot of work but I think its a good deal. Motor wise it needs new bellows, starter and to reinstall the trim pump.

Attachments

• photo274609.jpg
    photo274609.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274610.jpg
    photo274610.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274611.jpg
    photo274611.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0

showstoppr88

Seaman
No Title

Here is after giving the interior a good wipe down with a power washer. The Vinyl for the most part seem salvageable but the foam and the backing will be replaced as I have time over the fall and winter. The back of the boat, the motor and the bottom has a real nasty yellow film or something on it I cant get off any tricks to get this puppy to shine again? (Power washer did nothing for that stuff)

Attachments

• photo274612.jpg
    photo274612.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo274613.jpg
    photo274613.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0

showstoppr88

Seaman
I assume so....but will know in th next week I will be ripping up the deck and checking the stringers and the transom.

vietcu

Seaman Apprentice
Gl, and wear long sleeve stuff. I wear shorts and sandals during my deconstruction and my body itch like no tomorrow at night.

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Is the floor soft? Did you do the knock test on the transom? No reason to rip anything up if its not rotted

showstoppr88

Seaman
The transom appears to be ok to my untrained eye. The floor has a 3/4 plywood on top of the original floor so I assume it is rotted

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
The transom appears to be ok to my untrained eye.
Use your ears, not your eyes for the transom :joyous: --- take the butt end of a screw driver and tap around on the transom.. Start on the outside edge, you'll hear a solid noise.. Start tapping around, getting closer to the drive.. If at anytime that sound changes to hollow, you have a rotted transom

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

What is all that junk? Oh newbie safety gear.... lololol.. that'll last ON you for about 30 minutes.. here is a tip, when you are done, get a roll of packing tape and use that to tape over itchy spots and pull the glass out of you... here's my safety gear... good ol baby powder

Attachments

• photo275040.jpg
    photo275040.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0

showstoppr88

Seaman
Come on now!!! haha.

I will def give that a shot!

I gotta get the seats out tomorrow and will start ripping up the floor.

Anyone have any tips for when I get around the bow area? It looks like its just fiberglass up there do I have to rip that out too? If so how? I hope I dont have to cut it out and rebuild it?

Thanks.

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I cheated on mine and just cut the floor to the front where the carpet flaps over between the seats.. I didnt even put the ski locker back in

showstoppr88

Seaman
So no pics to update but ripped off the trailers old lights that did not work, updating to LED lights and new wiring all fresh. I also need to update my winch post its all rotted out. The wiring kit has been pretty easy and used the old wires to feed the news back should have that job done before the end of the weekend. Trying to get my trailer ready to move so I can cart the boat around for a professional to look at my transom, I just done want to F around with it. Also bought a bolt on spare tire holder so the boat is ready for the road soon, water....not so much yet. :)

showstoppr88

Seaman
Last night I felt like Clark Griswald with the Christmas tree lights lol. Finished wiring the trailer with all new LEDS back up the truck to test......wah wah. I gotta see if its the truck or the trailer. The lights never worked so it could be the truck so on to troubleshooting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.