Updating Interior

jeremyw

Recruit
Good afternoon boaters!! I have resonantly been given a 1992 bayliner classic 1950 and have taken her out every weekend I can for the last 2 months, loving it. So far the only thing wrong is on one side the wood siding with the vinyl is starting not have the wood in some places.. lol. This off season I would like to redo the boat layout and that's where I hope you guys can help. I want to change the seats and do a "u" style seating. do you think that would add to much weight? If double, use wood or fiberglass for the base? In my head I was thinking I could build off the sides of the engine box to close of the back and to move people forward and maybe add a cushion over the top. then build some kind of frame for the seats. I've been thinking about this for about a week and it wasn't until today I thought about the weight. Thanks for all the help along the way!!!

sogood

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you can post an outline sketch of the floor plan as it is and one of what you propose, then I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and suggestions. It's hard to sometimes visualise what another person has in their head.

jeremyw

Recruit
3JD69cVWPc2AAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

ok.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy Jeremy

Your going to need to post several more times before the system will let you upload pics. In the mean time use google docs, imger or other 3rd party site. Recommend not using photobucket because they will be changing for use.

Look forward to seeing your project

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Saw the pic, looks doable so are you doing ...deck, stringers and transom?

Your quote; " the wood siding with the vinyl is starting not have the wood in some places.. lol. " Sounds like you intend to go this route.
Welcome aboard! Pics Pics pics

alldodge

Staff member
You can do it but your not going to have much room left. I think your looking at captains chair and then a wrap around seating and having a sun pad. Being a 19 foot there just isn't much to play with

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
You can do it but your not going to have much room left. I think your looking at captains chair and then a wrap around seating and having a sun pad. Being a 19 foot there just isn't much to play with

I agree. There will be very little room to move around. My 19' has very little room with just 2 front seats and a bench in the stern.

jeremyw

Recruit
Saw the pic, looks doable so are you doing ...deck, stringers and transom?

Your quote; " the wood siding with the vinyl is starting not have the wood in some places.. lol. " Sounds like you intend to go this route.
Welcome aboard! Pics Pics pics

The deck seems solid, I haven't got into it to see how much i'm about to undertake but plan on doing that. Really don't know how to inspect the transom. Looking at it from the engine bay, it looks sealed up...lol. The wood siding is trash along the peace parallel to the floor, like its held water. think my dad would put wet towels in the pockets out of the way.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Use about a 1/2" drill bit and drill into the transom down low in a few spots. Drill on the inside. Only drill in about 3/4" and see what comes out. Light shavings are good. Dark wet shavings are not good. If it is good then just seal up the holes with 5200