88 Sprint bass boat

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
z1f0XKJ.jpg
before

aIcpHAc.jpg
after

​was hoping to test it today but rained all afternoon ugh!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Are they both the same length motors. Hard to tell. I don't have all the angles. But I'm sure knowing your work it's FINE!

shaft_length_small.gif

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yep same length shaft wise
here is my issue atm one of 2 .... i dont fit ! roflmao!
QzZiocR.jpg

second issue is it stalls when i try to put into gear, wondering if its in controls, runs great idles great around 700 in water
GqHRhKP.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
have to say she looked great on the water, just wish the shifting into gear thing was working id been flying across water :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
That might be it plus it seems prop is a 22pitch that seems wrong esp for this boat

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well got stator replaced today and we have a winner! i took boat down to ramp fired it up put in gear and she didint stall , the idle was a lil low so i moved it to 800 rpm at idle after warm up, the old stator had frayed wiring you couldn't see until you moved things around a bit i believe that wiring finally had touched something and shorted

chevymaher

Commander
well got stator replaced today and we have a winner! i took boat down to ramp fired it up put in gear and she didint stall , the idle was a lil low so i moved it to 800 rpm at idle after warm up, the old stator had frayed wiring you couldn't see until you moved things around a bit i believe that wiring finally had touched something and shorted
That is exactly what the nail in the coffin for my boat was with the last owner. I found a wire to the pertinex that shorted to the body and fried the electrical sensor. I called pertinex and discussed it with them. Congrats on finding and fixing the electrical gremlin.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looking like you're keeping busy between the 2 boats. Keep at it you'll get the bugger figured out.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
it happend! successful launch and i was able to drive it!
67 mph@3k yup got scared there was a lil chop and headwind lol but friend shot a video but this is my pov for now.
https://youtu.be/4GnsFkJ1hII

WOW, your video brought back memories when I had my Bass Boat. You seriously have to watch well ahead when going that fast to read the water and the crosswinds. And I did that one day when it was raining. It felt like BB being shot at me.

Not everyone can drive a high speed boat. You don't allow just anybody to drive it, or if you do, don't go with them. :eek:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
WOW, your video brought back memories when I had my Bass Boat. You seriously have to watch well ahead when going that fast to read the water and the crosswinds. And I did that one day when it was raining. It felt like BB being shot at me.

Not everyone can drive a high speed boat. You don't allow just anybody to drive it, or if you do, don't go with them. :eek:
yep as soon as i felt the winds get stronger and noticed chop ahead i knew a gust was coming and backed off , was a thrilling ride for sure :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow! 67 mph that's pretty fast ! Did you try to trim down to stop the porpoising ?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
yeah but it really settled down after a bit it was just somones wake that had spread out across lake that caused it at first, might benifit from a wail tail or tabs not sure witch because hull is angled at back

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Does this hull have a jack plate on it? If not, you could gain a lot be adding one.