Not ANOTHER Starcraft 160ss restoration!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Pick a topics title to be the primary title, and the other topic will be merged into the primary

This topic as primary?

Or the recently closed duplicate you started in the SC forum as the primary?
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...ss-restoration

Then decide which forum you want the merged topic left in, the Resto forum (here) or the SC forum, and the merged topic will be left in which ever you choose.

Duplicate topics arent helpful, to you or others that follow, and arent permitted

eMKay

Seaman
Pick a topics title to be the primary title, and the other topic will be merged into the primary

This topic as primary?

Or the recently closed duplicate you started in the SC forum as the primary?
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...ss-restoration

Then decide which forum you want the merged topic left in, the Resto forum (here) or the SC forum, and the merged topic will be left in which ever you choose.

Duplicate topics arent helpful, to you or others that follow, and arent permitted

I think I would prefer to keep this one, and close the other one. Sorry about that

eMKay

Seaman
I am close to having to decide for mine what size I want. You happy with 1/2 or should I go up to 3/4? I am a hefty 270lb at 6' 2" so don't want anything feeling springy.

One it's all riveted down, it's pretty solid. Maybe you would feel a little bit, I feel a tiny little bit. A little more at the ski locker hole, you could always eliminate that. I weigh 220

eMKay

Seaman
So after a 700 mile trip to see the total eclipse (must see this in person!) last weekend plus Monday and Tuesday, not much got done. But this weekend was free, and I got a lot done! First, pictures of the eclipse which I took through my telescope, I have A LOT of pictures but since this is a boat forum I'll just post 3, and one of the amazing spot we lucked into to watch it.

We really didn't have a place to watch and didn't want to watch from a parking lot, but in the morning we drove to a large municipal park in Franklin, KY so my son could play on the playground, turned out to be a perfect spot so we stayed. We are on the left.
Untitled by eMKayUSA, on Flickr

Still waiting for the correct color vinyl for the insides of the hull, the gray I ordered was too "taupe" for mu taste, so it's going in less visible spots, like under the cushions and under the dashboards. You can see it here in the bow

Made these quick, we'll see what they look like varnished, they look just ok stained. It's just some of the leftover floor plywood.

All the controls ran through new boots, will redo all the wiring this week, finish the vinyl, have my mother in law do the V-berth cushions and I'm pretty close to being done. Fired up the engine, it runs perfect

The steering rack fits! The old one was a rotary style, this one came off a 2 year old boat that a customer who knew better than me said "My steering is stiff, replace the rack and cable" so, free! His actual problem was that his outboard was installed too low, nothing to do with his cable. But he didn't want to listen. He traded it in that same year anyway. Nice center console Trophy.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Super shots of the eclipse, in E WA State near the BC border it never even got close to being dark. We got ripped off :lol:

Nice progress on the SS :encouragement:

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Really nice work. I ordered a sample kit of nautolex to try and determine what we want to order. How much did you order for your boat?

eMKay

Seaman
Over the winter and spring I didn't do much to the boat, But I did manage to finish it recently before our summer trips

The motor needed a new stator (Used actually, lots of good used parts out there, old one was was loose, and smacking on the flywheel, replaced that too. Rebuilt the primer solenoid (leaked), replaced the starter with a good used one old starter was an aftermarket Chinese knockoff, bendix sticks, cranks slow or not at all. I replaced the water pump impeller too.

Launched it at work for a shakedown, it went ok until about 1/2 hour into it an the engine died, wouldnt' restart, when it did it just died again. Then I noticed the primer bulb was collapsed, I removed the fuel pickup and it's this little tiny soft tube and it was completely collapsed, yurned out I was using the tank from my sailboat which has an Evinrude 9.9 on it. I got a new tank with a real pickup and all works now.
42123525124_5dd789d931_k.jpg

Think our 20 ton travelift can hold this beast?
27972298067_e31b0fc353_k.jpg

Dwarfed by our customer boats...
27972297647_99c235862a_k.jpg

Now for the fun stuff!!!

My sister took this from her boat, lol. (really sweet little 17' 1987 Sea Ray Seville) Can't take a straight pic. I was towing my son and niece on a hotdog
43571809912_7ca18ca023_b.jpg

43571809962_7e76870423_k.jpg

42715761295_a3b398ba77_k.jpg

42715760595_234319bcbe_k.jpg

28732133437_8ffafbc453_k.jpg

Yeah, that's fast enough with the family in it, a full 94qt cooler, and the bimini up, very impressed

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Your SS looks great on the water! Oh yeah and on that little lift :lol:

It's awesome to see another one of these fine boats get brought back and splashed :thumb: