Not ANOTHER Starcraft 160ss restoration!

82rude

Rear Admiral
YUP i got a cheepy also.Seems to do ok.Hows your looking now after sitting for a few?.Looked great in the picture.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
She looks super wearing her new blue dress! :thumb:

eMKay

Seaman
YUP i got a cheepy also.Seems to do ok.Hows your looking now after sitting for a few?.Looked great in the picture.

I dunno, I'm 250 miles away at the moment. Looked great the next morning though

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
I dunno, I'm 250 miles away at the moment. Looked great the next morning though

LOL, use that same eye when you do your close inspection

eMKay

Seaman
I got it flipped over with the help of my 2 brothers in law and my sister, MUCH easier with 4 people than by myself that's for sure. Also, got some 43" long graphics, $30 on ebay. I went with silver, and it really looks nice. Next step is gluvit the seams, install new transom, foam, floor, all the fun stuff! It's always better to be putting things back together. I also got rid of those tilt brackets on the calkins trailer, they would not allow the boat to slide forward any further, and there was not nearly enough tongue weight before. I could pick it up with one hand! I just put bunk brackets, bunks, and rollers for the keel. I'm working on painting the trailer a bit but it's not a priority. I did discover one of the springs is much more compressed than the other, so I'm getting new springs and bearings. One is shot.

Untitled by eMKayUSA, on Flickr

Watermann

She's looking more like a boat now that she's out of the turtle position, nice work!

36317615971_6db9da604a_k.jpg

SHSU

Now that is a pretty girl!!!

Watermann

Oh boy that's nerve racking to work on and in the boat after paint goes on, I usually ended up having some small stuff to repair after it was all over and done.

Foamed and decked, you sure didn't waste any time hoping right to it.

I have a question about the helm seating, I see you have a 3/4" pin mount on the gunnel and the cutout/bolt pattern in the deck for them. So you know those type seat mounts are ABYC rated for 5 MPH, I have them on my front and rear casting decks in my SS.

eMKay

Seaman
Oh boy that's nerve racking to work on and in the boat after paint goes on, I usually ended up having some small stuff to repair after it was all over and done.

Foamed and decked, you sure didn't waste any time hoping right to it.

I have a question about the helm seating, I see you have a 3/4" pin mount on the gunnel and the cutout/bolt pattern in the deck for them. So you know those type seat mounts are ABYC rated for 5 MPH, I have them on my front and rear casting decks in my SS.

Actually I did not know that, I had them so I thought I may as well put the T-nuts in before just in case, but now I definitely won't bother putting those seats there. I was just going to use the same type of seats it came with and possibly use the swivel seats in the future? The bases are in pretty bad shape to begin with. Thanks for pointing the 5mph thing out, I had no idea. I think now. Will put one up in the bow and maybe build a removable casting deck that goes in the stern.

SHSU

Nice work!!! Did you reinstall 1/2" or go up?

SHSU

I used 1/2"

I am close to having to decide for mine what size I want. You happy with 1/2 or should I go up to 3/4? I am a hefty 270lb at 6' 2" so don't want anything feeling springy.

82rude

Rear Admiral
That stuff looks great ,what is it and hows the price?Are you thinking about doing the splashwell area also with it?

eMKay

Seaman
It's $19 a running yard, I got it at Defender, 74" wide which is just enough to do both. I am considering doing the splash well too since I have enough left over.

Watermann

Yeah that Nautolex looks super no matter where you put it. What adhesive did you use for it?

SHSU

That is some nice work!!! I have been on the edge about doing Nautolex on the gunwales but I think your post has sealed the deal. Really slick work there. Did you use stainless steel staples and carpet glue?

eMKay

Seaman
That is some nice work!!! I have been on the edge about doing Nautolex on the gunwales but I think your post has sealed the deal. Really slick work there. Did you use stainless steel staples and carpet glue?

I have stainless staples and will use them for the trim panels, I did use carpet glue for the nautolex on the deck, and I used super77 for the gunwale