Help eliminating plastic thru-hull livewell..........

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Hey fellas,

Got a good buddy of mine that almost lost his boat this past weekend. The livewell pump broke off of the cheezy plastic thru-hull fitting. It is one of the attwood transom mount livewell pumps.

I want to replace the thru-hull with brass, to a seacock, to another cheezy livewell pump, to the main hose. It is a T-800 Tsunami so I would like to match that so the hose in/out size is comparable.

I just dont know where or how to locate the fittings that I will need. I know they are on this site somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The transom thickness is 2.5" and the size of the hole is 1 1/16".

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
My recommendation is the bag the transom mount and the Tsunami and start over from scratch with a scoop type intake from the bottom and a Rule Pump

Seacocks use straight threads. (1 1/16" = 3/4") Looks like most decent pumps are 3/4 NPSM so..... should be an easy one.

Googling "Bronze Extra long threaded thru hull with nut" will get you thru the transom. The same pages should point you to seacocks as well

Last edited:

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Seacocks use straight threads. (1 1/16" = 3/4") Looks like most decent pumps are 3/4 NPSM so..... should be an easy one.

Thanks dingbat. So they use the inside measurement for these fittings, not outside?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Thanks dingbat. So they use the inside measurement for these fittings, not outside?

Flow calculations are based on the ID of the pipe for obvious reasons. Thus, piping is measured and identified by ID, not OD

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Very good. Got a bronze thru hull, seacock and new livewell pump. Thanks for all the help!