2000 Lund Pro Sport 1700 90 Merc 4 stroke Rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Lund Pro Sport 1700 90 Merc 4 stroke Rebuild

Needs a total floor and deck rebuild, possibly new flotation, new paint and decals.

Man you're coming up in the world with these Lund's and now one from this century even!
    1979 V5 SS140 HP Merc ...... 1970 18' Chieftain IO restoration
    1978 16' SS160 SeaNymph .. 1970 Chieftain condensed version

Comment

Curious, what makes a boat from 2000 deteriorate so quickly? I would think the flooring and carpet would still be in good shape. Mistreated? Left outside uncovered?

Comment

17 years of neglect normally being left to the elements will do it. I'm always amazed when I see brand new boats sitting around uncovered, 10's of thousands of dollars and they are too cheap to buy or too lazy to put on a cover

Comment

You got that right Ron, the boat was bought brand new by the same owner, he put it in the water at his cottage every spring and took it out in the fall, it had a full canvas top at one time that wore out, then it was left in the elements for the last few years.

Comment

I don't think he even bothered to use dock bumpers or fenders for the boat.

Comment

I've known several people like that. Even keeping the boat under the cover of a boat lift makes a huge difference to how long it will last.
              Peter
              Northern Ontario, Canada
              1968 Starcraft Holiday, 2012 Yamaha F90
              1974 Starcraft Chieftain 25'

The Yellow Submarine
              14' Lone Star Transom Replacement
              1955 Johnson QD-16 10hp restoration

Comment

No bumpers...jeez. why buy a brand new boat and treat it like that? Just don't get it. Should be a fun project.

Comment

Yes they either have a lot of money to through away or just don't care.

Comment

We have most of the teardown done.

Comment

For some reason I feel like playing a round of miniature golf right now

Comment

Just new to site,, bought 99 Lund 1600 Pro Sport, know it needs some new floor, towards back seat pedestals, front of consoles is solid,
                        Ideas how to get the floor out from console back? Before I get into it wrong! Ideas on why pedestal bases are just 8 inches diameter and not bigger for more support?

Comment

Hey Pooch, sorry to say there's no such thing as in my opinion a part floor, I don't know how you could take out the floor from the consoles back without removing then, its labor intensive but that's the way we do it and we are going to replace the whole floor and flotation.

Comment

Ok, I see the pictures but where do I start? What are the steps to removing the floor,, ? Sorry for the inocent questioon but what are the steps?
                            Thanks

Comment

Hey pooch I would suggest you go to some of the star craft restoration forums there is a lot of really great rebuilds there I think you could learn all you want to there.

Comment

Working...
                              X