Transom issue

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
It's ALL on ME!!! I should pay more attention and NOT be so quick on the draw with Advice. For a tin Boat ALL thats required for a transom is TiteBond III and Epoxy to seal it all. Sorry for the mix up.:facepalm:

EchoNovember

Petty Officer 1st Class
Lol. You had me scared there for a moment... I've already exceeded my budget for this, and we still need to build a motor mount and hoist frame.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
WOG gets a break... he's helped so many of us that it is only natural that some of the projects get confused! He's forgotten more about boat repair than most of us have learned!

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
WOG gets a break... he's helped so many of us that it is only natural that some of the projects get confused! He's forgotten more about boat repair than most of us have learned!

LOL, he is definitely one of the "Go TO" on this forum for a reason!!!!

EchoNovember

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh yeah, I'm not upset, I just didn't know how to take his message. I was a bit worried that I needed to go back to West Marine and spend MORE money on epoxy items...

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Oh yeah, I'm not upset, I just didn't know how to take his message. I was a bit worried that I needed to go back to West Marine and spend MORE money on epoxy items...

I thought that was what owning a BOAT was all about: Break Out Another Thousand!!!!!

EchoNovember

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don't remind me... Lol. Picked up the lumber today for the motor stand and the frame we're going to hang the hoist from so we can lift the engine off the boat. It weighs about 300#, so not doing it without a lift.

Did an engine compression test. 150 psi across all four cylinders, give or take 1 psi. No compression issues at all. Woohoo!