1994 Stingray 609ZP Transom Problems. Fix or Junk it?

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
1. If it's anything like mine, you will need to cut a bit of the floor on each side of the engine back to get at the entire transom.

2. I would cut as close as you can comfortably cut to the edge, without being crazy about it. You can chisel any remaining wood, and grind any remaining glass. You'll be grinding either way. You do not want a "lip"... you will be tabbing the new transom into the hull sides and bottom.

3. You can make a template out of cardboard or similar once the whole transom is cleaned out and ground. Right now a template would not mean much.

JMHO

slowgsxr97

Cadet
Well here what my Saturday got me. Floor is rotted, stringers are rotted. Foam is soaked. Its soaked and rotted all the way up to the cuddy. I think im gonna throw in the towel.

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
too nice a boat to trash, and uv come this far - pull up ur boots and kick its ass! couple of days cutting and grinding and youll have a nice clean slate to start with...

remember safety gear first and always - mask and gogs foremost; buy a bulk pack of 'flappy disks' for the grinder and let fly at that bad boy!!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Well here what my Saturday got me. Floor is rotted, stringers are rotted. Foam is soaked. Its soaked and rotted all the way up to the cuddy. I think im gonna throw in the towel.

Sorry, I know the feeling... that really sux.

slowgsxr97

Cadet
Mods could you delete this post, boat was sold to a guy that rebuilds boats. Thanks for everyone's help.