1987 Sport-Craft 205 Offshore

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just picked up this boat and while it is overall in great shape for its age the prior owner stripped out the electronics, seats, etc. The had done the bulk of the rehab but now its completion steps I am left with.
Its going to get a bath today will post pictures after.

So my general question is does anyone have any pictures of the interior showing the seating and electronics particularly the gauges as I will have to order a whole new set. And lastly does anyone have any manuals/books or sources for same for wiring layouts.

Thanks so much

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Here are some pictures. Thanks

Attachments

• photo263733.jpg
    photo263733.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263734.jpg
    photo263734.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263735.jpg
    photo263735.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263736.jpg
    photo263736.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Really good overall the boats in great shape. I just need info to put things back in place lol. They already rebuilt the engine but its not hooked up to the console. Looks like I need to complete the electrical and gas for the motor, replace the gauges, new steering wheel, new remote throttle, and then cosmetics. I had 4 people crawling over it yesterday looking for soft spots in the floor and that's solid so dodged a bullet. I pulled the foam from the back of the gas tank no water. So looking sharp.

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok hoping someone here has any ideas. I think I sorted most of the electrical out and now I am looking at fuel / oil etc. In my prior posted pics the first pic is the transom area. On the seadrive upper right is a short black hose thats been cut it has no labeling that I can find and cant tell if it travels over to the other side. Is this the engine oil, or some kind of vent? I also have that small whitish container that is labeled oil on the cap and that line seems to go down and through at the tilt motor. Is that the engine oil? Would be a pain to fill imo. Any Ideas advice would be greatly appreciated.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You need to start researching your engine. It was a johnson so it's probably VRO. Meaning oil is injected into the fuel pump from a seperate container like you describe. Pics dude...pics.

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Ok got pictures :)
I think its a 93 johnson 150hp v6. It looks like the prior owner changed it to none VRO internally and was mid process for the boat.

Attachments

• photo263856.jpg
    photo263856.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263857.jpg
    photo263857.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263858.jpg
    photo263858.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263859.jpg
    photo263859.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Got the major electrical done. We have lights and power throughout the boat now. I also got the ignition switch wired up I think properly it turns on the gauge that works and when I push it in it triggers the primer on the engine and a full turn makes the engine turn over so its looking right.
All new gauges otw.
The only real issue with the electrical left is the trim switch that was part of the binnacle and not sure what I need there yet to replace, and there is a yellow wire that goes from the transom area to the front but it is disconnected in several places I think that's the neutral safety. I assume it connects into the binnacle and then somewhere at the engine? and somewhere up front? I should have taken more pictures of that wire.There is also a black wire back there that seems to be a ground wire but not sure for what It is spliced into the same ground side as the fuel sending unit?
Along with that I can't find any tagging on the throttle control cables to know what kind of controller I need.

Attachments

• photo263860.jpg
    photo263860.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263861.jpg
    photo263861.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Ok last one for now. I can only assume this is some kind of drain for the deck but its got a weird soft plastic lip like its missing something I looked around only but couldn't find anything anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much for all the help and advice.

Attachments

• photo263862.jpg
    photo263862.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263864.jpg
    photo263864.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

I mentioned the oil fuel lines going through the seadrive and such here are some pics of that specifically I wonder if that oil container has something to do with the tilt/trim or the steering? You see in the first pic theres a cut off tube that I am pretty sure went to the VRO tank. And in the second you can see the small white round bottle has a hose that goes straight down and go into the transom on the upper side of the trim motor. I didnt think they used any oil, hydraulic fluid reservoir maybe?

Attachments

• photo263860.jpg
    photo263860.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo263866.jpg
    photo263866.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So this project got horribly sidelined. Back at it. Redid electrical, new control cables, repaired tilt and trim.

So everything was almost done and disaster struck.

With new control cables I could finally attempt the engine startup.

So the engine turns over strong and it seemed to be drawing fuel but wouldn't catch. Sprayed fuel in the carb and it caught for a second but wouldn't stay running. Checked the plugs and they look clean "but" there was some milky white water on them.

Assuming I might have a bad head gasket. Aside from compression testing any other main steps to check?

This isn't the original powerheadfor this boat but it still has the original sea drive bracket. I know general recommendation would be to drop the bracket and go to a pod. If possible I would lie to attempt repair if feasible since everything else works and this boat is so close to hitting the water.

Mowens

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So after a week of working I finally got the compression test done.

100 - 90
90 - 90
100 - 95

Spec says 100 psi so yea not perfect but all within 15psi of each other.

Not sure the next step.

jbcurt00

Staff member