16 foot aluminum deep v fishing boat

mike45nyg

Recruit
I just had a friend replace the floor on my 16 foot aluminum boat he didnt replace the foam that was under the floor originally I am concerned that i need to have the foam under the floor and would hat to tare the floor up to foam it. I only fish on smaller lakes im not taking it huge bodies of water so im wondering if the boat is safe without the foam. if its not would it be safe to blow some foam under the floor without taking it up again

im thinking of using GREAT STUFF from menards, they have a few varieties in my boat, or 2" pink foam sheets cut into place, maybe both???

jbcurt00

Staff member
No to great stuff......

The foam quiets the hull and is called FLOTATION foam for a reason. IMO your buddy did you a disservice skipping it.

As its required when sold new, it would be expected to be present below decks if/when you sell the boat. Buyer beware...... They may not only use it on small protected waters.

Make sure to wear a PFD and require it of passenegers. My wife wouldnt board a vessel if she knew it had been rendered less safe then it was originally. If we had kids, forget about it.

Spend some time in a comfy chair and your favorite libation. Lots of great info on rebuilding an aluminum boat can be found in here
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...tarcraft-boats

Plus a few other what not to do tips. Like avoiding great stuff....