Boat Carpet Replacement Options

jehlinge

Recruit
I am doing some restoration work this spring on my old Bayliner runabout boat....one thing that needs attention is the carpet in the boat. It is ragged and stained as we are pretty hard on it...kids track a lot of mud, dirt and sand in and we let them eat drink in it as well (I know, we could curtail some of that but we don't).

I like the idea of just ripping the carpet out, doing whatever work I need to to smooth the deck and then coating it with an anti slip material of some sort. This should be nice and easy to clean after each outing on the lake. Any suggestions for that?

I have found some examples where people have coated with lineX. That could be a bit pricey and I feel like that would be hard on the feet. I also ran across the product in the link shown below called "Soft Tread". I have all the right tools and know how to spray this stuff on. Anyone seen this or used it? Opinions?

I have used another one of their products (called duratex) for coating speaker cabinets and am very happy with that product. Just no experience with the soft tread product.

my lund 15 had a rough feel - fabric mesh covered in durable vinyl and the only place it tore is where my deck rotted and my foot went through, even ripping out the old floor it held tight id like to put it over the new deck! i wish i could find a supplier or an idea of where to gather this material -1980 lund 15