56 lone star cruise liner vin number

Tadworks

Recruit
Can anyone tell me where to find the vin number on a 56 lone star cruise liner? I found a plate in the cabin that is riveted on but it only identifies manufacturer and location, no number. I'm trying to get a lost title replaced but they need to do a vin number inspection. Any help would be appreciated.

jbcurt00

Staff member
There is no VIN, nor an original HIN on a 1956 boat.

Hull
Id
Number

HINs didnt start being used until Nov 1972.

Has your LS been titled, registered or transfered since 11/1972? If so, it might have a state issued HIN that wont help much other then to know that it has a HIN.

Post 1972 boats have HINs that help tell you the year, make and serial # but dont provide model info or any other info like car VINs can.

You'll likely use a VIN verification form for the HIN inspection you need.

The form for that here in WV has a place to indicate there is no HIN present. What state are you in?

Some states may be difficult to navigate what you need to do. WV isnt particularly easy, but it can be done. I just have to follow the correct steps, say the right thing at the DMV and provide the correct info to the inspecting officer and clerk at the DMV.

Some states couldnt be easier to work w, TN is 1 of those.

Good luck w your LS Cruise Liner. Let us see some pix of yours...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Look on the transom
HIN%201.JPG

If its been issued a state HIN, still required to be put on the boat in the same place as shown above.

Good luck

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome aboard :wave:

Sure would be nice to see a pic or 2 of your LS cruise liner! :D