16' Starcraft Floor Removal?

Rampaige

Recruit
I just picked up a 1994 Starcraft SF 16 Camp this weekend. I found that one of the stringers has come loose from the ribs under the floorboards causing the floor to sag. There is enough sag that I can see what is going on underneath, but I can't get the floor panels out of the boat to fix it? Has anyone run into this? I'm hoping I don't have to tear all the seats, storage boxes, and benches out for something so relatively minor.

IMG_6668_zpspst3r0je.jpg

IMG_6665_zpszynk8ciz.jpg

IMG_6656_zpslifcuefj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
Looking at the current pic's I would think you might have to remove everything to repair the floor sag. 23 year old boat, will most likely to need a complete floor replacement any ways. The Starcraft is a worthy boat to put some time and money into.

Rampaige

Recruit
I was able to get the gunwale shelf off and expose one side of the floor panel. Since I have to remove that bench which has rivets through the hull, how will I replace those rivets when reassembling? Will 1/4" hand rivet puller be sufficient or should I use bolts? I'm afraid of using SS bolts because of corrosion. It appears as the previous owner had something grounded to the transom and I've found a few corrosion spots.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome aboard :wave:

You have to remove everything in the way of removing the decking. Replacing the 3/16" rivets is easy and they are cheap. The stringers or deck supports will have to have the rivets replaced as well so you're looking at a complete gut job in order to do the job right. It's been a few days, have you made any progress since your last post?