Converting from single to dual console

Tsmith225251

Recruit
I have an 87 winner tournament 2000 and was wondering if it's plausible to make it a dual console or should I leave it like it is. I've seen some winner boats have dual consoles.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Based on Pics I've seen it shouldn't be to hard to make a second console for this boat. Not quite sure what the benefit is of having one. but again, since it's fiberglass pretty much anything is doable with time, money and workmanship!!!

1987-winner-tournament-2000-5501-1.jpg

Tsmith225251

Recruit
My tournament partner has an 18 foot Winner Tournament and being out there going 60 in 34 degree weather turn you into an icicle after 30 min ride. He's going to be upgrading his motor and I'll be using my boat for tournaments dual console will be a little more comfortable for him. Found a place online that makes windscreens for it so it'll help with rain and bugs. What I'm thinking is to take measurements of the starboard console and build a mirror image of it. I have some 3/16" fiberglass 4x8 panels at work that are going to be thrown out so i can snag a couple pieces to fab it up.