Plastic under seat vinyl ?

Jmunk

Petty Officer 1st Class
I plan to only use enough plastic to cover the foam and wrap a inch under the plywood base and leave the rest of the wood base open to breath. There is a hole in the center of the wood to allow the foam to get air.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
When I built the Rear Bench Seat for my boat a made the frame and Webbed it. Then I covered it all in vinyl with a couple of Grommet holes on the bottom of the back. Worked really well

BackFraming.jpg

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
My 2000 Larson had the plastic on every seat cushion. The foam will chafe and split like being cut with a knife where the seams are over time-mine did. It doesn't look like your boat has been neglected nearly as bad as mine, but what these guys are telling you is exactly what I found on my project a few months back. I learned there are several different types of foam. One type of foam allows water to run through and will not retain water. I think a few pieces of wood had large holes (about 1 inch) drilled in the wood. Marine plywood has proven to be some amazing stuff on my boat. Good luck with project.