1956 Alumacraft Deep-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTdeepC

Cadet
Hi everyone, I ended up getting a 1956 Alumacraft from an old friend of my grandfather for free as long as I took it with the old Elgin boat trailer it was resting on. The guy that gave me the boat said his father originally bought the boat in 1957, and he remembers water skiing and fishing out of it on Lake Mary Ronan in Western Montana. Overall, this boat is in excellent condition considering its age and that it hasn't been registered since 1990. The outboard on this boat is a 1958 Firestone (Scott Atwater) 40 horse twin. Ive replaced the coils,impeller, rebuilt the carburetor, new points, etc. It runs like a champ.I also restored a 1947 Evinrude Sportsman outboard for trolling. The windshield is in pretty good shape, and of course the transom needs replacing. It had rope steering which I've converted to cable. I need to have a new top made for it at some point, and am thinking about seating options. Mostly this boat will be used for fishing. Its my first boat, and so far a fun project.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
No Title

I built benches using marine grade doug fir. Made a flat wood table seat in the middle to keep it easy to move from front to back

Attachments

• photo251263.jpg
    photo251263.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 15

Luke000

Restoration Forum Splash of the Year 2016
Looks like a fun project! The boat has some very pretty lines! I can't wait to see the final result!

MTdeepC

Cadet
DeepCMark, your boat is awesome. I'm hoping mine will be that nice when I'm finished. How did you polish your windshield?

mtboatin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone, I ended up getting a 1956 Alumacraft from an old friend of my grandfather for free as long as I took it with the old Elgin boat trailer it was resting on. The guy that gave me the boat said his father originally bought the boat in 1957, and he remembers water skiing and fishing out of it on Lake Mary Ronan in Western Montana. Overall, this boat is in excellent condition considering its age and that it hasn't been registered since 1990. The outboard on this boat is a 1958 Firestone (Scott Atwater) 40 horse twin. Ive replaced the coils,impeller, rebuilt the carburetor, new points, etc. It runs like a champ.I also restored a 1947 Evinrude Sportsman outboard for trolling. The windshield is in pretty good shape, and of course the transom needs replacing. It had rope steering which I've converted to cable. I need to have a new top made for it at some point, and am thinking about seating options. Mostly this boat will be used for fishing. Its my first boat, and so far a fun project.
MTdeepc, I too have a '56 Deep C and I'm over by Lake Blaine. Maybe we can hook up and commiserate about our aluminum illness/addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.