stupid question... where does everyone get their rivets?

jimmwaller

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry for the dumb question (and I hope this is the right forum), but where do you all get your rivets? I am finding myself needing to replace some rivets, and I have a rivet gun, but I ordered some rivets and they just seem so.... small. That is, on my boat, the heads of the rivets are probably 1/2" in diameter. These new rivets are maybe?maybe?1/4". Can't seem to find any rivets with the same size heads. Would love a source! Checked iBoats but the rivets that I see photos of look to have the small rivet heads. ANy info would be killer.

Thank you, everyone! Have a good one

Tnstratofam

Commander
Rivetesonline. No I'm not kidding it's a real website. That's where I got mine from when I redid the transom in our Starcraft. I purchased a couple of different sizes in a few different lengths. They sell closed end blind pop rivets as well as solid rivets that require a bucking bar. I bought alluminium rivets with alluminium mandrels.

You could also try Fastenall or another retailer.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Brazier head

Wide flange

Closed end blind

Solid

Aluminum w aluminum mandrel

Depending on where on the boat you need to replace rivets.

Pix?
What boat?

jimmwaller

Petty Officer 1st Class
rivets.png

Thanks for the replies. I'll check some of those places out.

I have a lonestar riviera. It's in storage, but I had a photo of the interior and zoomed in for a photo of the rivets! guess there's no real scale, but they're much bigger than the ones I have now. The rivets in the boat are maybe the diameter of a sharpie or something, and the rivets I ordered are maybe the diameter of a bic pen. There's a solid 1/8" difference at least between them.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Harbor freight tools has assortments. Some of them are occasionally defective but they work most of the time