• photo256481.jpg
    photo256481.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 0
  • photo256482.jpg
    photo256482.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 0

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yup, we've got those here as well. Lots of different names though. Rather than "redneck" which seems to have somehow evolved to a slightly higher status in the past few years, I think the closest term currently in use here in the USA would probably be "trailer trash". And just to add a slightly confusing disclaimer here: Not everyone who lives in a trailer is trailer trash, and not every piece of trailer trash lives in a trailer.

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry 'bout ur thread dropbear... but yeah - nice boat! Really like that tail end look,cant wait to see the other bits ur putting in there, can u explain the gearbox and outdrive for us noobs...

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry 'bout ur thread dropbear... but yeah - nice boat! Really like that tail end look,cant wait to see the other bits ur putting in there, can u explain the gearbox and outdrive for us noobs...
Are you referring to the little 6 hp johnno on the back lol
In NSW Australia its against maritime law for the state to go out to sea without two forms of propulsion number two isnt oars lol we carry on the back whats called an auxilliary on a bracket bolted to the transom, if you have a failure at sea you have the small engine to get home with should be a must for every Chrysler owner lol ive had to rely on them more then once and oddly enough the trouble engines were a 74 Johnson V4 and a Merc straight 6 Ive never had a Chrysler stop on me ever

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh sorry lol no i had a too many beers moment and thought i was in another thread (another aussie build) der!

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
bugger...

but i love the chryslers too, had a 140 on a 18 footer and never had a single issue, and it was odly QUIET for a 2 stroke outboard. the 75 had an aftermarket power pack, cant remember the brand, but i remember reading online that it was a recommended replacement for an often fault prone part.

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bugger now theres ? good word, if something not going right you bugger it, bugger off is a polite way of saying **** off go away get lost etc, or if someone asks u a question u dont know you reply buggered if i know, ill have you guys talking like fair dinkum aussies in no time, there not shrimps here there prawns ok, if u think someones having a lend of you its dont come the raw prawn with me, if someone stinks they smell like a bag of prawns in the sun, or off like a stale bottle of **** in the wind,, or smell like an out door dunny in a heat wave a dunny is a toilet, a dunny budgie is a fly that hangs around in a toilet, we have big flys here

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You know speedo swimming trunks, here there called budgie smugglers u can work that one out

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I take my apology back - ur doin fine all on ur own here!! :beguiled:

so about this boat of yours...

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Lol, I'm taking notes. Gotta get my lingo right when I order a steak at outback!! šŸ˜œ Oh no he didn't.......ha ha.

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I take my apology back - ur doin fine all on ur own here!! :beguiled:

so about this boat of yours...

Yeah the boat, ill get a start on her after xmas , the Chrysler will occupy me first, need to tickle it up, do the ignition conversion, get it going get it looking good and hang it on the pride, hook up the ride guide steering, get the trim and tilt going, it as a broke tilt pump bracket one on spare is ok, this is why u need spare motors, the old merc is going on a little old glass 13 footer i ave, unusual hull, ill put a pic up, it will go like a dog shot in the arse i hope lol