Questions about Hull Prep

vinnie999

Cadet
Hi Everyone I'm from Jacksonville Fl and am new to the site. I have a Pacemaker 40 acmy that's out of the water at Green Cove Springs Marina in Northeast Florida. The bottom is covered with divots in the paint. They're dry and don't appear to be blisters and the bottom was almost perfect 3 years ago when I had the boat hauled to repair a bent shaft. I of the people at the marina told me not to worry about it and just paint it. I'm not allowed to post pics yet but will as soon as I'm allowed.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
or use photobucket. there is a tutorial for uploading pics in the general guidelines forum.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:sorry: vinnie999, I can't see any pictures. Try posting again or use the attachment feature to post pictures.

vinnie999

Cadet
I keep getting a message that says "unknown error" when I try to upload pics directly.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Vinnie, you're copying the wrong code

Copy the IMG code

It'll have a (url] at the beginning of it and a [/url) at the end of it, except the 2 regular ( ) parentheses I used will be square parentheses [ ].

If I try to type it correctly, the forum software attempts to poat a pix and it ends up looking funky in text.

Heres.1 of your pix

You have it setup to link back to your PB account , so your IMG codes include URL links.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
vinnie999, after looking at your hull problems, I think you have some delamination issues going on with some of those areas. I would, and have, sanded down such areas and and fill in them to a level smooth surface before trying to paint anything. Otherwise your painting efforts will not last very long. JMHO

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Typical blisters for older boats stored in the marina. If you're gunna fill em I strongly recommend epoxy paste. Sand with 60 grit and clean with acetone prior to filling.