And it begins glastron gt150

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks baylinerchuck. I've only been able to get out to work on it once a week but little bit at a time and I'll have her going by next summer

MILKWEED

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Cool looking boat, your transom looks like mine did, it came out like a wet sponge and fell apart when I laid it flat and tried to pick it up again.

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks milkweed. Mine hasn't fallen apart but it sure is water logged. The top of it was starting to crumble a bit but got it out as one peice and will be able to use it to trace from

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone sorry I got nothing to report on haven't been able to get to the boat all week. Had a couple hrs to spend on it on Friday night but spent it drinking instead🙄 Hope to get at it this week sometime, may not be working tomorrow so might get some time to spend on it. Anyway have a good night and week. Hope to post something soon

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Made a little progress today got the soggy foam 2x4s out and cut out the stringers. The two outside ones broke as I was getting them out but they where pretty rotten at those spots. Keel stringer is water logged pretty bad but still solid and got it out in one piece. Nothing left now but grinding but will have to wait for a warmer day to pull it out of the garage. Got pretty dusty in there just cutting the floor the other day and stringers today. Have a good day and thanks for watching my progress

Attachments

• photo254213.png
    photo254213.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo254214.png
    photo254214.png
  • photo254215.png
    photo254215.png
  • photo254216.png
    photo254216.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

MILKWEED

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We are almost at the same place in our builds, I got my stringers out and got the sanding done yesterday.....glad that's behind me.

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ya can't wait to be done with that and get to the put back together part of the rebuild

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The floor actually felt really solid before I ripped into it. It was more so the transom I was concerned with but once getting into that I had a feeling I would be getting deeper into it. Witch is fine at least I'll know what I have when I'm done. Baylinerchuck what boat are you going to be rebuilding.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
The floor actually felt really solid before I ripped into it. It was more so the transom I was concerned with but once getting into that I had a feeling I would be getting deeper into it. Witch is fine at least I'll know what I have when I'm done. Baylinerchuck what boat are you going to be rebuilding.

My 1990 Chap. I rebuilt my Capri 6 years ago before I knew about this forum.

I'll be starting the Chap in a few days, just took the last cruise on the river yesterday since it was like 84 degrees here. I have a soft spot in the floor just over the fuel cell. The stringers as viewed from the ski locker don't look healthy. We'll see what we have when I get the floor up.

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Got thinking do you experts think I need to put the boards across the stringers like the original floor plan or should I not notch them and leave the boards out and just lay the floor right on top of the stringers. Here's a pic of what I mean

Attachments

• photo253613.png
    photo253613.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • photo254214.png
    photo254214.png
  • photo254215.png
    photo254215.png

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
IMHO I would recommend putting her back just like you found her unless. you think that this is NOT the original layout. IF you feel someone else has been under the deck doing repairs before you and after the factory then you could leave em out. From what it looks like to me it's original and you should do your best to copy it. Just this Old Dumb Okies opinion.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
agree with wood even to point my floor was shifted to port 1 " and that's exactly how it went back in , figured it might had been for balance or something engine is dead center just floor and stringers wasn't.

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not much to report on this week. Been super busy at work and can do much on the boat in the garage any way. Have to wait for the weather to cooperate so I can grind the hull outside. Been snow/rain for the last couple weeks. Snow hasn't stayed it has been melting throughout the day time so everything is pretty wet. Maybe if we get a sunny day this weekend I'll pull it out and get grinding. Have a good weekend and hope to post some progress soon. Thanks for checking in

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ugh that snow thing people speak of .... as I sit here in shorts and t shirt thinking gawd its already getting hot out :)