Where can I get new parts for an older boat?

Davis13

Cadet
Good morning! I'm going to do my first boat restoration! I'm nervous and excited! A big change from motorcycles!!!! I was wondering where I can find things like seats, steering wheels, and other items for my boat. I just go a 1972 Glastron V156. She's been guted! I didn't find a soft spot anywhere on the boat. The carpet was pulled up, and the floor is fiberglass. I've got to find a way to check the stringers, and the foam! It's sat out for a long time!!!! I'm sure there is rot done where. The two front bench seats have been off for a year!!!!! The boat is sun faded pretty bad! I'm needs new Windows too! Any help would be appreciated!!! I'll hav many questions I'm sure! I'll do my best to search the form before asking a question that's been ran into the ground! I'm looking toward to this build! It's very special to me! I'll be using the boat to take wounded/ disabled vets fishing, and people with disabled children! Thank you so much in advance for your time!!!

Coleman

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard and thanks for your efforts to help Vets and kids.

Are you restoring the Glastron to original condition or rebuilding her to be a safe, usable boat?

iBOATS has just about anything you need for the second option except windows(windshield ?). If you are going for the showroom look, the Google button will wear out.

Many parts on boats are sourced by the boat builder, meaning things like seats, hardware, steering, electrical, etc. are off the shelf items that may have a logo added.

Post some photos of the Glastron. Click on the Forum Help in the sig below and look at the adding photos tutorial. Depending which method you use, you might need to make 3 posts before the forum allows photo attachments.

Good luck.

Davis13

Cadet
I want to get her safe, and seaworthy again! I'm not worried about being the hottest thing on the water! Lol. Being a combat vet myself it's hard for me to sit back and watch the struggle! I am my brothers keeper! When it gets too hard for them to move forward I'll carry them! The name of my boat will be my brothers keeper as well!

Davis13

Cadet
This is the My Brothers Keeper. 1972 Glastron V156

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg