Rinker V230 Cuddy to Center Console Conversion

FISHFIREFORK

Cadet
14309883_619259641577014_1270276180_n.jpg image_252357.jpg

Picked up the girl and i am currently in the process of undergoing the conversion let me know what you think as well any tips or tricks you could share would be helpful as well ill post as many pictures as i can i have a plan but im sure that will change with time and a little bit of trial and error.

Attachments

• image_252356.jpg
    image_252356.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sooooo why didn't you just get a center console to start? Dat's alotsa werk. :joyous:

FISHFIREFORK

Cadet
To be honest kcassells i got this at a steal i was going to restore it as a cuddy but the more and more i poked around on the www it dawned on me that it actually could be a cc after a little elbow grease and who here doesnt like a project? But i agree it def would have made alot more sense to get a cc to begin with. had it sitting around and just finished up my trihull crabbing project so hey why not?

csasdaddy@msn.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Welcome an im intrigued an will be following along I have a old 25' chriscraft cuddy I had thought of making a center console boat out of myself

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Aren't you concerned about structual integrity when you remove the cuddy?

FISHFIREFORK

Cadet
Not really concerned about that i have actually been thinking of a way to convert the compartments that they have within the cuddy into some type of dry storage that along with a whole lot of fiberglass and foam i dont think i can go wrong, unless you know a way that it wouldnt be an issue please let me know. I was considering not removing the cap until i have reglassed all of the stringers bulkheads and what i will use as dry storage. #liveandyalearn worst i could do is mess up a boat that i could get more money then i paid for it by selling the trailer

FISHFIREFORK

Cadet
WELP started the demo posted a few pics had my kiddos helping me out wood was beyond rotted if thats even possible. Ripped out the floor started skinning the transom and removing the old rotted stringers plan on raising the floor a bit so that i can fit my fish boxes, removed the gas tank as well. let me know what you think so far.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Gunna follow along if there's room ! Interested to see this come together ... And with your great little helpers keeping ya straight how could you go wrong ! :cool:

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thats a nice boat right there! Good effort and congrats on chopping into it!

FISHFIREFORK

Cadet
No Title

Well i finally got some photo253561.JPG time to chop into the ol girl here is were i am with her

Attachments

• photo253562.JPG
    photo253562.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo253564.JPG
    photo253564.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo253565.jpg
    photo253565.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm a little late, and I apologize, but one of the best cc boats I've been on had the small cuddy in the front. Best storage area available. Anyhow, I'm eager to watch this project. I love the tear down process tho. I'm jealous.

FISHFIREFORK

Cadet
SNOW i was def thinking of incoorperating some type of small cuddy maybe in the front for storage or the head not sure yet it'd be nice to incorporate the head into the actual console (another idea i was thinking) who know was thinking of drafting up a few ideas and doing a poll so i could get some ideas of pros and cons of the designs.