79 banshee windshield

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does any one know what the windshield is made of on a 79 banshee. Are the plexiglass. Is there any way to polish them clear again. Mine is tinted but it's real cloudy I would like to buff it so I could see through it

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Never mind I got it clear. Got looking around and had an old mothers headlight restore kit laying around and just tried the polish in a corner and it cleared up so continued with the hole windshield. Turned out pretty good for not doing any sanding

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If you tap the glass/plexi with a coin or key, you can tell. Plexi kinda thunks and glass is crisp clink. Compare sounds against a window on your car or truck.

This is a good way of polishing a plexi windshield that worked for me - http://www.fiberglassics.com/researc...indshield.html

Rats - Fiberglassics seems to down right now.

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Managed to get some to load by screen shot

Attachments

• photo252143.png
    photo252143.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo252144.png
    photo252144.png
    860 KB · Views: 1
  • photo252145.png
    photo252145.png
    853.9 KB · Views: 1

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks GA that seems like a real good site and I might have to do it properly next time but for now it will work. At least I can see through it now. I could see over it but the wife couldn't so that was one thing that she didn't care for on the boat. It kind of bugged me to just cause it looked bad

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I use my buffer to polish plastic windows and headlights. Seal with some rain-x

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ya. The mothers kit had a drill bit polishing pad but it seemed if I did it by hand with the micro fibre it was more clear. The rain x is a very good idea though thanks