Aluminium boat floor plywood options?

bmk

Seaman Apprentice
I know this has probably been beat to death but when I did a search it gave me posts that were at least 3 years old and older. This winter I am going to replace the wood in cockpit floor area of a 2002 tracker deep v. I plan on coating with epoxy resin and will cover with marine vinyl, what are the best options and thickness for wood?
Thanks

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd recommend replacing with same thickness that it had. Also, NO Pressure Treated plywood. It WILL eat your boat. Marine Grade is the BEST but PRICEEEEE! Most Aluminum Boaters us AC Fir Exterior Grade Plywood and make sure to coat the edges extremely well. Also if you put screws or bolts or any other fasteners always predrill and Coat the holes and the fasteners with epoxy to seal the holes. Do this and It'll last a long time. Are you carpeting the deck or using Vinyl??

bmk

Seaman Apprentice
I'd recommend replacing with same thickness that it had. Also, NO Pressure Treated plywood. It WILL eat your boat. Marine Grade is the BEST but PRICEEEEE! Most Aluminum Boaters us AC Fir Exterior Grade Plywood and make sure to coat the edges extremely well. Also if you put screws or bolts or any other fasteners always predrill and Coat the holes and the fasteners with epoxy to seal the holes. Do this and It'll last a long time. Are you carpeting the deck or using Vinyl??

Most likely vinyl.