1993 Sea Nymph Stinger Deck Boat Rebuild

runninfarmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thought I would post some progress on my Summer project. It's a 1993 Sea Nymph Stinger deck boat. Relatively rare for the year, I think it was the first year Sea Nymph made deck boats. Got the boat in a trade and it was the project I'd been searching for a long time. Previous owner had tore it all apart, so I had to work off pics I've seen of later year boats. Here are some pics:

Last edited:

runninfarmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Took most of June and early July to get floor boards unriveted and all the nasty foam out. Awful job, but glad I did. A lot of the foam was waterlogged and I could squeeze it like a sponge.

runninfarmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Used 5/8" ACX plywood coated with spar varnish for the new floor. Used Nautolex shark gray vinyl for top covering. That's my go to for boat floors.

Last edited:

runninfarmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A pic of the interior trim with consoles. Passenger side rail up and fitting seats:

I ran out of vinyl and also out of laziness, I reused the carpeted side panels and controls holder. Turned out ok. Apologize for skipping some steps and pics to here, but these are the current pics to date:

appleo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Good start. did you check your boat for rivet leaks. these boats sea nymph, Grumman, Lowe were notorious for rivet leaks. and I have one. I have yet to remove the center floor to get under the foam.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Old inactive thread. If the OP wants to update the thread, PM any Mod.

Closed.