Submerged 2000 four winns 180 project

jkust

Rear Admiral
Wow...that is really impressive. Have you done any moisture testing anywhere on the boat?

kjboggs

Seaman Apprentice
Wow...that is really impressive. Have you done any moisture testing anywhere on the boat?

I will have to add some pics, but where it sat for 6 months uncovered with inches of muck in it there were some blisters on the bottom only around the transom/bilge area. I got it dried out pretty well, and keep it garaged so hope it will continue to fully dry. I skim coated the blisters with 2 coats of jb marine epoxy, and looks good and had one water test all day with the family and appears to be holding up well. There is almost no wood in the boat that i can find anyway, thats not coated in fiberglass.

kjboggs

Seaman Apprentice
Windshield done. It was a pain but no heat needed for the curved lexan. Im ticked that i tinted the back glass to try to match, but should have picked a darker tint as it does not match like I wanted, but good enough and probably wont redo it? Bonus was the voltage gague was not working, and the prior owner had a new gague still in the plastic, got it installed and works perfect now!

Found a rusted ski pole in the storage and got it cleaned up with coke and aluminum foil- try it to clean rusty chrome- works awesome!

Next step is some vinyl repairs and general interior cleaning, and new snap in carpet installation.

Stereo is also installed with head unit, 4 speakers, 5 channel amp, and subwoofer install. Put together a nice sound system for cheap scouring ebay and amazon.

photoupload

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Great job on bringing this one back!
I knew that the windshield would be the biggest ticket item and you're lucky if you can even find them for a boat that age...I had to get some new pieces for my '88 because the previous owner had replaced the left side front windshield with lexan. The alu frames used on the older boats were not rigid enough for that to work long term so I was able to get what I needed from Water Bonnet (later bought by Taylor Made). Since these were simple flat panels they were much cheaper like $100 each....