1989 RENKIN 230 FESTIVIA

fishinfiend

Cadet
JUST PURCHASED THIS RENKIN 230 HERES THE GOOD (THE HULL) HERE IS THE UGLY WENT TO TRY AND SEE IF IT WOULD CRANK CHECKED THE OIL GUESS WHAT COMES SHOOTING OUT OF THE OIL SPOUT YOU GUESSED IT WATER. REMOVED THE SPARK PLUGS GUESS WHAT SPITS OUT OF THOSE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT IF YOU GUESSED MORE WATER. HERE IS MY QUESTION DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH IT TO REBUILD THE MOTOR OR TO JUST DROP IN A USED OR REMANUED MOTOR.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Hey FinF....all caps are the equivalent of shouting online. As far as the boat goes I think you might want to do a bit more investigating under the deck to see the stringer condition before you spend any more money. It doesn't sound like this boat was well maintained and boats rot from the bottom up. Just a thought.

fishinfiend

Cadet
Hello airdvr1227 sorry about that just a little frustration frustration got the best of me. ripped out the deck a bit and low and behold im sure the stringers will need to be replaced i was ready for that outcome to say the least and prepared as i have done a stringer replacement on my bayliner in your opinion do you think there is an opportunity that the motor can be rebuilt (would be fun i guess) or for sake of time would you drop another engine in the ol girl ?