1986 21' Bayliner restoration. Yes or no

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
After reading the prior posts...my 2cts...This not going to be a quick project...Do you have a place to do this kind of rehab(inside)? Do you have the needed skills to do the work(glass,wood, electrical,mechanical)? On the plus side, once your finished you will have a nice boat. Although there is a vast amount of knowledge on this site, there is one..Baylinerownersclub (BOC) for short that will be your go to for information and How To on this project, as many on the site have done the EXACT same thing to their Bayliners. GOOD LUCK!

Doneysitdown

Seaman Apprentice
Hello iboat community!!! Sorry for the delay. Most of my time has been taken up getting ready for my first child. I realize that I probably should have walked away from this boat, but I am not afraid of this challenge. I am a refrigeration technician by trade and am adept at most things. I very good with electrical and fabrication, and have some experience with glassing but my skills are laughable at best. Guess I get to learn😃😃

That said I finally got time to work on the boat.

I want to say thank you to deepblue2010 for the warning. I am well aware of the safety hazard posed by non marine peripherals. All the parts described are indeed marine. (Has the j1171 label). The fuel pump does not had the label. It looks like a standard electric fuel pump for a carbed setup. I will replace that.

I have the floor ripped up and amazingly the stringers are mostly good. I have the outdrive off and plan on pulling motor tomorrow. Then I can fully verify the transom. Not holding my breath haha.
Thanks again for the advice. Will post pics soon