1985 FiberKing Bomber - Digging out the transom

Stclairvoyant

Recruit
I bought this nice and rotted Bomber bass boat from a guy on Craigslist a couple months back and have been working on it sparingly ever since. The stringers are surprisingly in great shape but the deck and transom were mush. I've pried the cap off, torn out the old deck and foam, and now started work on the transom. I removed a section of the inner skin to get a better look at what I'm working with and it seems like the thing is 100% rotted out. However, only the topmost quarter or so was soft enough to be pulled out with a pry bar while everything else is dry and stubborn. As you can see in the pic, I've gotten quite a bit out already but I have stopped at a point where the wood is so dry that I feel like using the pry bar is futile. What I wanna know is, what is the best way to go about digging the rest of this junk out? I'm really trying to avoid cutting out all of the inner skin (especially around the stringers) because I have really limited experience with glassing but if I have to, I have to.

Photo found at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvsh3h5m32m77r8/Photo Jul 22, 4 40 28 PM.jpg?dl=0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
You will need to cut the rest of the skin and deck out at the bottom ... Your new transom will need to be tabbed into the bottom of the hull ... 4.5" angle grinder with some heavy grit disk to clean it up ... Don't worry about the reglassing ... If you haven't done any before your about to learn ... Not really that hard just a few tricks that you will learn along the way ... Make sure you get, if you don't have, a good half or full faced respirator ... Fiberglass dust is mighty bad for your lungs ..
:welcome: