Quick Connect

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone, I recentlly had to replace the gas tank on my 262 and in order to do that had to remove the aft cabbin back wall that has the fresh water lines and water pump. I never had a leak, now that I have assembled everything most of my quick connects are leaking. Is there a trick to this like lube on the o-rings or im i missing something?

Thanks in advance for any imput.

Attachments

• photo248620.jpeg
    photo248620.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Make sure you are inserting the tube fully. A partial insert will leak. If all fail, just change the quick connects.

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have you inserted the clips that apply the pressure to keep the collet in place? The clip is not shown in your diagram but should slip between the flange on the collet and the female connector.

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
yes, I inserted the tubes all the way in and inserted the clips.

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
If the clip is in place and the tube up against the the o-ring then I have to agree with Deep Blue that the best answer is to replace them. I had this same fresh water system on my Sea Ray 260 and I used to disconnect a couple to bypass the hot water tank when winterizing. It just so happens that these also were the only ones that I ever had to replace and had to do so about every third year because they would develop a slow dripping leak.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Push the line all the way in, then give it a quick pull out and it should lock the line in the fitting.

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
thanks everyone, leaning on replacing, this are from 2001 so its time