1988 Bayliner 1800 Cobra Bowrider (125 Force outboard engine) Restoration project

MIBayliner

Cadet
I completed a restoration project on a 1988 bayliner 1800 cobra bowrider. The boat ran great and I used it for a few seasons before deciding to restore the boat. It was time for a face lift as it had your typical issues cosmetically from the previous owners use i.e. paint, new upholstery, finding a complete windshield, etc. The boat could have been used in the condition it was, but I just did not like the look of the boat and figured I was not going to have a lot of time to take it out for awhile, so i started the project.
Here is how the project went:
1. I took everything out of the boat, handles, hooks lights, outboard engine, seats that could be taken out.

2. Started the painting process, I was never a fan of the paint Bayliner put on the boat, it was the sparkle blue color that was starting to fade. prepped and primed the top half of the boat and choose a midnight blue color.

3. I then researched into how i could reupholster the seats and cushions, decided it would be better to get a company to do the work. I picked a white boat material for the seats and had the entire boat re done with in a week.

4. started to put the boat back together, this was quite a long process to get everything back into the right place and situated. Then attached the outboard and the components back into place.

I eventually finished the project and although it took awhile, I would definitely take on another project after completing this one. Here are the before and after pictures of my project, check them out and let me know what you think and if you have any questions/tips. Thanks.

image_245710.png image_245713.jpg image_245712.jpg image_245711.jpg image_245714.jpg image_245715.jpg image_245716.jpg image_245717.jpg IMG_3072.jpg IMG_3071.jpg

Attachments

• image_245718.jpg
    image_245718.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image_245719.jpg
    image_245719.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: