Bad decisions.....

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
here is one of the better spots of the underside. and what im dealing with.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
You're not posting pics correctly. In you PB account there is an IMG Code for each pic. Copy and paste that code into your iBoats Thread.

I see that you stopped by my thread!!! You're always welcome at this OldDumbOkie's house. Send me a PM with your Personal Email info and I'll send you mine. Your boat looks to be in fairly decent shape. Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way. I'm not much of a guru when it comes to inboard motors and outdrives but I can lead you to those that are.

Last edited:

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
You're not posting pics correctly. In you PB account there is an IMG Code for each pic. Copy and paste that code into your iBoats Thread.
apparently im not doing this right but maybe its because im at work lol try again at home with my own firewall ect.

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
IMG_1538_zpspllwerfy.jpg this is attempt #2 for the new seats

Attachments

• IMG_1538_zpspllwerfy.jpg
    IMG_1538_zpspllwerfy.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
and here are some of the shots of the bottom side treasures waiting to be dug up!
IMAG0664_zpsns84laxy.jpg IMAG0663_zpskelyybgo.jpg IMAG0661_zpsetcgu4fj.jpg :(

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
well i threw my back out (my own fault trying to move the boat with my back not my legs:grumpy::facepalm:) but with my wife's help we are at about 30% of the whole boat sanded and so far just seeing minor bondo work along the top rail area to fill in holes from things the previous owner had put in. nothing major yet. :clap2:

hogbare35

Seaman
Gratt take a good look at WOG idea on paint . Im about to start a remake of a 26 stamas and plan on using his ideas but going to use rustoleum marine paint .I think he has a good plan .

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
Gratt take a good look at WOG idea on paint . Im about to start a remake of a 26 stamas and plan on using his ideas but going to use rustoleum marine paint .I think he has a good plan .
thank you, yes i have read it (love WOG's work) he does amazing work!

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
this weekend got a lot done

first off to give credit to my wife who put in alot of effort in on bringing the rotted old steering wheel back to life! thank you you did amazing. download_20160711_160140_zps2dcto8bc.jpeg

got it off the trailer so i could get more sanding done. so now the transom,top side and "port" left side well under way. IMAG0792_zpsczjjqa82.jpg image-20160709_154704_zpsvlwjvylo.jpg IMAG0776_zpsbdpwtspg.jpg

but this also let me see what i couldn't before, so here's what i find along the keel, damage, damage and more damage, my neighbor an autobody guy says its just bad technique and easy to fix, but he also admits to having never worked on a boat, so i plan on taking that advice with a smile and some salt. but i was hoping for mayby some wisdom from the wise sages here?
IMAG0782_zpsoexisejs.jpg IMAG0781_zpsqlktyop6.jpg IMAG0780_zpsy9r5kexy.jpg IMAG0779_zpsjqy4rkyx.jpg

these here are cracks that appear to be caused from the rollers on the trailer ?
IMAG0778_zpsfulpx3ki.jpg IMAG0777_zps1f7ngeyx.jpg

i think i am beyond the point of no return here but i want to thank every one for there advice so far, it has been a tremendous help and education. even if this goes south from here i have learned alot for my next boat (i kinda like this one though.):rockon::cheer2::hail: so thank you again

and a pic of my boat buddy molly
IMAG0786_zpsvyepdgrz.jpg

Last edited:

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
so patches are done. sanding is done . base coat is next ( if and when i find the time) but here are the pictures. IMAG0836_zpsi3ykcps9.jpg IMAG0832_zpsh3o9rka7.jpg IMAG0830_zpslgur23ul.jpg IMAG0831_zpsyfavyexo.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
When you remove the hull and gain access to the hull when the deck is removed. Let us know and we'll guide you on how to do the proper repair on the inside.;)

gratt26

Seaman Apprentice
When you remove the hull and gain access to the hull when the deck is removed. Let us know and we'll guide you on how to do the proper repair on the inside.;)
LOL will do... after i get the bottom painted and shes back on the trailer. (so like a month at this pace? lol)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
looks like you moving along , what color did you finally choose for it?

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
The good news is.. there is no damage to a fiberglass boat that can't be fixed given the right access and the right methods. I maybe missed it but are you planning on removing the deck and have access to the inside of the hull?

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Coming along nicely, gratt - kudos to you and the family for digging right in!

Just one point- that method you have for supporting the hull worries me a bit - specially if you are under it. Looks like just three hard points against the hull? Might punch through or tip if bumped.

How about a couple stacks of timber instead. And even better if you've got a roof beam above to through a couple safety straps over...