Bigger Gas Tank?

Madden88

Recruit
Hey Ya'll
Newb.
I have a 86' Sea Nymph FM 161 and have slowly been doing little upgrades here and there to my liking. One thing I have thought about lately is how I can go about getting a bigger fuel tank on board, rather then just one of those 6 gal guys. The area in this boat where you normally would stick the tank by the transom is a pretty limited space size wise.I have looked at tanks but cant find one size wise to fit plus give me more fuel load... I would still like for it to be out of the way so can still use as much of the boat as possible. Is there anyone out there that has figured out a good way to accomplish this? Or even any ideas?

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello and welcome Madden. Got any pics of your boat, perhaps that will help us to help you with the layout of your boat.

I also have a Sea Nymph FM (1990) and the stern has storage that would accommodate an additional 6 gallon gas tank, mine is torn apart at the moment, and don't have a pic of that area....well let me check...:D

Frey

Madden88

Recruit
The other side is where the batteries normally sit, so there is not much room there. I will have to dig for a picture to give an idea of what it is like.