2000 Larson 186 LXi Project

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Was rather lucky with the patterns. Just ripped the seams to get each piece off so I could iron them flat for tracing. The tan ("moonbeam") was too bad to trace, so I just used the adjacent burgundy to get an edge.

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You Go BoY,,another WOG "giterdone" rehabber.
Wood helped alot getting my machine. In fact he located 1 in my area.

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Moving along slowly on the interior. This Singer 15-91 that WOG suggested is one heck of a sewing machine! Props to WOG and Singer. Machine went through 7 layers where the buff overlaps the welt cord. Pictures to look at:

Might redo the middle cushion. Unable to finish the side-panels in the bow due to foam:

Last edited:

Jarcher3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wow!! That looks great. it really brings the life right back to it.

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks! Probably looks better in the photos, but certainly an improvement. Been flipping foam to get a fresh surface. Have sundeck and captains chairs still left.

Last edited:

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, it has been just over 5 months.

Once more piece finished today.

I concede that the interior aspect of this project is a bit above my skill level, but better than what I had while not breaking the bank is the goal here. Gas struts should be here any day now. Can't wait to get them installed. Wish this cover would have turned out a little better, but an improvement nonetheless:

Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
It is 200% better than what you had! You did a lot better than I would have. Congrats!

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Dave. This interior has been quite the project. WOG has been a TREMENDOUS help! :hail: Running out of "steam" on the interior at this point. Only two pieces remaining. Hoping some of the wrinkles will come out this next season with the sun/heat. I had better get good use out of this boat- hurry spring!

Finished the captains chairs today. Here is a picture of one of them:

Last edited: