Rub Rail Help

rmoran99

Cadet
I have a 1990 Procraft Family Fisher that has rub rail damage. A recent docking incident pulled the rub rails out of the hull on one side of the boat. The boat is not leaking and I can shove the stripped screws back in the hull. Is there anyway of gluing the rub rail back? It's only been damaged in a couple of places so screwing it back in doesn't make sense because I would have to remove a lot of the undamaged rub rail. Any ideas appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Could use some straight in shots or tell us how the screws are hidden. From the pic below you should be able to put a 2x2 strip of treated wood behind it and put the screws back in. That is if you can get to the inside. What is behind where the screws pulled out

fetch

rmoran99

Cadet
I haven't checked what's behind. That's as far as the rub rail pulls out. The rope is still inside the rub rail so I don't want to really depends on the screws. I would have to pull the rope out to tighten the screws. The rope is in place with no problem. If gluing is possible, that's the easiest fix in my opinion.