1984 Galaxie 1600 V - Project

mloveland

Recruit
I just recently purchased my first boat as a project for $500. It has no leaks, going to continue to test prior to putting on the water. Floor is in great shape with the exception of a 6 inch square section right in front of the inboard engine. Currently not running, replaced the distributor cap. Gets spark/power to the distributor cap but not past that point. Everything else seems in working order. What would be the best course of action to take or next steps. I have a friend that has been helping me that understands electrical but I was hoping to get it running without too much of his help, he has a little one at home. A suggestion that I have received is to check to ensure that the part under the cap is spinning. What would you all suggest be the next steps. I am fairly certain that if I can get spark to the plugs it will fire right on up.

Pros - No leaks oil or otherwise. Literally no oil under the engine and the oil is completely full.
The spark plugs that were replaced showed great color so I know at one point it was running really well.

Cons - Does not currently run and needs some work on the seats and the engine cover.

I can post some pictures a little later, but any assistance is appreciated as I am a boat rookie.

Last edited: