Boat Decking

I am brand new to this site and new to boating. I recently purchased an older boat. a 1984 Sea Raider Bow Rider. It didn't run. I have her running now. But there are a few soft spots in the deck. I looked around and found a lot of information about replacing the plywood decking. The only thing I have an issue with is under the bow itself. I was able to get the rest up. But the bow of this boat has seats built in with storage underneath with a small (maybe 18" section) of plastic as the floor. Any ideas on how to get the wood out from under there? I am fairly handy. I did get her running. Just need some help with this floor. Any suggestions?????

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
take a few pictures and post them. most likely you have to remove the cap (top of the boat)

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Did you redo the stringers or just replace the deck?

When I did mine I crawled under there, removed and replaced the wood.
If I did it again I would just cut the floor section out and fiberglass the piece back in.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would remove the cap. pull the rub rail, pull all the cap screws, cut the sealant with a linoleum knife, suspend from the rafters with ratchet straps. were the front bow well is, that is simply sitting on top of the sole anyway. there will probably be a few screws down from the top to the sole.